Japan expands scope for military action: PM Abe

webfact

Japan expands scope for military action: PM Abe

TOKYO: -- Japan on Tuesday loosened restrictions on its powerful military, allowing it to go into battle in defence of allies, in a major and highly controversial shift from the nation's pacifist stance.

Prime Minister Shinzo Abe told a press conference: "No matter what the circumstances, I will protect Japanese people’s lives and peaceful existence. As the prime minister, I have this grave responsibility.

With this determination, the cabinet approved the basic policy for national security."
AFP

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/breakingnews/Japan-expands-scope-for-military-action-PM-Abe-30237507.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2014-07-01

hmmm - Is it too early to find and study my old Japanese phrase book ? Maybe find a nice spot in Kanchanaburi and stock-pile some railway building materials ?

• Like 1

Big mistake - allowing the unrepentant Japanese to flex their military muscles. Not only do they refuse to admit and atone for the atrocities they carried out before and after WW2, they even refuse to acknowledge it in their teaching of history.

America will regret allowing the Japanese to once again rise as a dominant military power in Asia.

Germany changed dramatically after WW2 and has become one of the most reasoned countries in the world. They do not hide the past and are dammed sure it won't happen again.

Japan - their only regret is loosing.

• 2 weeks later...

Aggressors evolve into allies. Allies into aggressors. The only true constant seems to be the continual struggle for power, territory and domination...regardless of the flag.