Four resorts located on forest reserve land seized in Chiang Rai

webfact

It's been said before by others... Nationalize them. Don't demolish them. Seems wasteful. Scattered resorts in national parks help the populace to enjoy the parks. No shopping malls, housing complexes, factories, open pit mines, garbage dumps, etc.

• Like 2

It's been said before by others... Nationalize them. Don't demolish them. Seems wasteful. Scattered resorts in national parks help the populace to enjoy the parks. No shopping malls, housing complexes, factories, open pit mines, garbage dumps, etc.

With resorts comes sewage, rubbish, vehicles etc etc.

And where might building materials come from, and what is removed to make way for the buildings.

• Like 1

First, we are assuming the what the Forestry Department is saying is true. Ask any farmer and he will tell you, the Forestry Department consider their job as extorting money from poor farmers and businesses. It's probably the second most corrupt agency in the country after the BIB. It doesn't sound like a "coffee" shop is a resort, but what it does smell of to me, is that someone has stood up to them when they came round looking for money, or more likely, they got greedier than the businesses could afford. I suspect the other 7 came up with the necessary.

First, we are assuming the what the Forestry Department is saying is true. Ask any farmer and he will tell you, the Forestry Department consider their job as extorting money from poor farmers and businesses. It's probably the second most corrupt agency in the country after the BIB. It doesn't sound like a "coffee" shop is a resort, but what it does smell of to me, is that someone has stood up to them when they came round looking for money, or more likely, they got greedier than the businesses could afford. I suspect the other 7 came up with the necessary.

If you do not think the coffee shop is a resort have a look at their web page (just use google) and then post back. Farmers who are not stealing forest department land would not have to worry about the forest department.

• Like 2

For our PTP/UDD apologists please note. I am sure that these events are evidence that the General is being even handed & not just victimising your favourite people. I distinctly remember seeing the names mentioned in relation to the one mentioned last week. This one had been under action for some time but matters had not shall we say "come to fruition yet." Whether matters were or were not stalling under previous administration (like people being sentenced to imprisonment and not being called up to serve their time) it got seen to last week!!!!. And the names mentioned were certainly what some might call at least, Hi So or possibly even "More-So."

Regardless, these properties were obviously built with some form of official collusion and this has now been found out. The Augean stables are being cleaned and the general is making some powerful enemies. I am certain he is just the man for the offended parties to NOT try and threaten!!!!

Keep up the good work Sir.

• Like 2

Even land distributed under the Agricultural Reform act only permis one dwelling for the "farmer" it does not permit multiple buildings nor does it permit a commercial venture if any sort.

As far as the Forestry Land encroachment, tear them down. It's the only way the action will be a deterrent.

• Like 1

I certainly agree with the closing of illegal resorts on green land and welcome this, and also quite impressed with the Heraclian reference. On the other hand...

this forum used to be refreshingly free of the partisan politics, casual racism and misogyny that seem to be the raison d'etre of so many of the other TV forums, but just taking a glance at some active threads it would appear that changes are afoot.

But while we're on the topic of Augean Labours, I also welcome the current interregnum's continuation of the government's policy of applying the visa and immigration rules more stringently, and perhaps even tighening them up a ratchet or two.

I certainly agree with the closing of illegal resorts on green land and welcome this, and also quite impressed with the Heraclian reference. On the other hand...

this forum used to be refreshingly free of the partisan politics, casual racism and misogyny that seem to be the raison d'etre of so many of the other TV forums, but just taking a glance at some active threads it would appear that changes are afoot.

But while we're on the topic of Augean Labours, I also welcome the current interregnum's continuation of the government's policy of applying the visa and immigration rules more stringently, and perhaps even tighening them up a ratchet or two.

Whoa...did this thread just take a hard turn off topic ;-)

Uh actually it did take a turn off topic, but on this occasion I was not the culprit - non mea culpa.

This is the Chiangrai Forum. It contains things of relevance to Chiangrai and the people who live here. This is of relevance which is why Webfact posted it here. The only off topic posts I see are those of ajarnsiam (and of course this reply) I note no political parties have been mentioned in this topic so far although if relevant they could be. The subject of misuse of land here which is meant for other purposes is of importance to all here.