Trade schools

brownknees

My wife has two nephews approaching school leaving age,neither will be smart enough to go to University .My question is are there any tech colleges nearbye and how do they get in ?I know theres one in Laem chebang .Something that teaches basic fitting ,electrical welding etc and gives a certificate at the end.Obviously there are lots of Thais in these trades so where did they learn ?

There are a number of them in the area, for example there is a marine one on Pattaya Tai.

Be aware these schools are very tribal and a lot of the teen gang violence seems to come from inter-school rivalries, so a bit of supervision may be needed to avoid trouble down the road.

There are a number of them in the area, for example there is a marine one on Pattaya Tai.

Be aware these schools are very tribal and a lot of the teen gang violence seems to come from inter-school rivalries, so a bit of supervision may be needed to avoid trouble down the road.

I think that one (built to look like a ship's deck) is closed

Have never heard or read of these "technical colleges" having the same problems in Pattya as in Bangkok

There is also another one on Sukumvit in Ban Amphur that has an affiliation with Austria

The college was founded in 1970 as Sattahip Technical College by the Thai and Austrian governments, with the Europeans supplying much of the equipment and capital to get the institution off the ground.

The name was changed to Thai-Austrian Technical College in 1990 with the commonwealth continuing its support over the years while the college has performed social activities and produced personnel for the industrial sector.

source: http://www.pattayamail.com/localnews/thai-austrian-technical-college-launches-19th-annual-tech-fair-34012

post-10942-0-18832600-1404311037_thumb.p

There is also another one on Sukumvit in Ban Amphur that has an affiliation with Austria

The college was founded in 1970 as Sattahip Technical College by the Thai and Austrian governments, with the Europeans supplying much of the equipment and capital to get the institution off the ground.

The name was changed to Thai-Austrian Technical College in 1990 with the commonwealth continuing its support over the years while the college has performed social activities and produced personnel for the industrial sector.

source: http://www.pattayamail.com/localnews/thai-austrian-technical-college-launches-19th-annual-tech-fair-34012

attachicon.gifThai Austrian.png

A Good school! I taught electronics (bor wor chor 3 and bor wor sor 1-2) there in 1991-1992.