Need an English speaking smartphone guru to teach me a few tricks

jaideeguy

I've been struggling with my Samsung smartphone for over a year and I need some patient tutoring on the basics of the proper use and shortcuts etc.

Can anyone recommend a shop [and name of person to contact] who speaks decent English and can guide me?? I'll pay for the service, of course.

Or, any expats that know smart phones care to help me for a fee.............lunch, cup of coffee, beer??

Thanks in advance...............

• Like 1

I spent ages trying to use a certain ringtone I had downloaded for my Samsung. I eventually went to Youtube and just typed in the question and several tutorial videos appeared. the first one showed me how to do what I wanted in minutes. thumbsup.gif

• Like 2

I agree with the above. I've used Youtube to get step by step visual instructions to more things than I can remember, from hooking up speakers to removing paint from wooden floors to how to fold a TShirt Japanese style! Worth a go for anything, some people (I assume with no life outside of Youtube) have channels dedicated to their particular subject, no doubt many of them concerning smart phones and tablets. For searches, keep it broad remembering that not all people have perfect spelling or grammar. In the case of the OP, I'd just put in 'instruction samsung phone' and then one key word for the specific item you want.

• Like 2

Have had Samsungs for many years now and I still use Google to answer questions.

Think about what it is you are trying to do and Google it.

As in - (How to xxxyyyzzz on SG3) or whatever model you have.

Alternatively PM me and I may be able to help but nothing beats hands on.

• Like 1

A recent thread about a 14 million baht bill for a smart phone user (May be a hoax) but hoax or not raises the question of how to set the phone so that can never happen when you are travelling.

Add to it the fact that the Galaxy 5 can have 2 SIMs - help.....

Thanks to the posters suggesting YouTube and Google.

I will look for a tutorial.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

A recent thread about a 14 million baht bill for a smart phone user (May be a hoax) but hoax or not raises the question of how to set the phone so that can never happen when you are travelling.

All Galaxy S5's do not have dual sim capability. Only certain models do.

sorry, the device says it's a galaxy grand2

It has a SIM. Manager and shows 2 slots, currently only one SIM installed.

I bought it for my wife so we constantly swap the language between English and Thai.

Can I create menus or short cuts to do that?

sorry, the device says it's a galaxy grand2

It has a SIM. Manager and shows 2 slots, currently only one SIM installed.

I bought it for my wife so we constantly swap the language between English and Thai.

Can I create menus or short cuts to do that?

The dual-SIM variant of the Galaxy Grand 2, you'll get a special dual-SIM interface in the settings menu. This lets you rename your SIM cards for easy identification (the Grand 2 will remember settings for specific SIMs), as well as choose which card to use for establishing mobile data network connections.

gsmarena_034.jpggsmarena_035.jpggsmarena_036.jpggsmarena_037.jpg

Hope this helps...

I would be interested in a phone shop that has an decent English speaking salesman in it.

Have been considering an upgrade to a smart phone. But have little knowledge of them.

Try Target, 1st floor (English style) of Fortune IT Mall, 3rd shop before the tesco entrance.

Ask for Lee, speaks good English and great knowledge of smartphones and very helpful.

Also great for repairs, we have bought a lot of phones from him and he is good with maintenance issues.

That said smartphones are incredibly straight forward and easy to use now.

• Like 1

^^^^^. You are my hero, thanks

I'm an Admin on a smartphone forum. If you need additional help, let me know..
many thanks, wilco

I would be interested in a phone shop that has an decent English speaking salesman in it.

Have been considering an upgrade to a smart phone. But have little knowledge of them.

Go see Whut at Ice Mobile. Speaks very good English, very patient & knowledgeable about his phones. Only sells originals, no copies. Shop around on price before hand so you have an idea of what to pay, them go to him. Second floor at Tukcom, two spaces wide in the middle, on the eastern wall. Great guy.

Pretty sure there is no way to change the systems language without going into settings........you can do so easily if it's to send an sms, line , whatsapp etc by sliidng the spacebar on the keyborad but not to change the entire systenm from Thai to English or vise versa.

Would be interested to know how if you could.

No offence but have you never heard of You Tube? There are many many helpful tutorials on most phones covering a multitude of subjects

^^^^^. You are my hero, thanks

I'm an Admin on a smartphone forum. If you need additional help, let me know..

To be honest I was thinking of stepping up to a smart phone. Not interested in a lot of aps just the basic ones. was wondering what the best in the 6,000 baht range was. Am interested in loudness of ringing tones and hearing volume. Also are they any better in the same spot for reception.

stoli

made a good recommendation so I will check him out. Any recommendations are welcome.

You can download a detailed user manual pdf file in English for the Samsung Galaxy Grand 2 from

http://www.samsung.com/levant/support/model/SM-G7102ZWAMID-downloads

Many thanks for the link.

I managed to open the English version, then open in Safari and then open in iBooks.

Whoa, Whoa, it's on the iPad now so we can RTFM any time we need.

This year (my seventy third) is the first for iOS and android so not that easy.

They seem to do one thing at a time?

I can't have multiple apps open and copy from one to past into another easily.

Then there is the need to switch the OS between Thai and English.

Oh well, stops the brain from rusting LOL