Do Soi Cowboy go go's have a policy of kicking out customers that dont drink fast enough?

atyclb

You must have esp. i walked to 2nd floor and was sitting alone at small table(no dancer) monday night, few customers. first female server said "one more" i replied not finished yet with this one. next a male came over with same routine. i explained i am very full after meal and not yet finished with current drink. he informed me i was finished with current drink and if i dont order another i have to leave, which is what i did and commented i wont return. he said " good" interesting thing is i'd been a customer for years there not that i'd expect them to remember much else than momories for the last hour or day.

How long were you sat there atyclb?

Doesn't normally happen, especially to a regular.

though i wasnt timing it an estimate 35-40 minutes. minding my own business, not sitting with any dancer then refusing to buy drinks, alone and solitary.

Edited by atyclb

You didnt drink as fast as you can, so of course you were deemed a non profit customer, I would not get worked up about this, I went to one bar their and a group of us sat down and ordered drinks yet one girl didnt drink so they told us all to leave, went to the next bar it was half the price and got sloshed, they dont understand service and respect for customers anymore.

• Like 1

You didnt drink as fast as you can, so of course you were deemed a non profit customer, I would not get worked up about this, I went to one bar their and a group of us sat down and ordered drinks yet one girl didnt drink so they told us all to leave, went to the next bar it was half the price and got sloshed, they dont understand service and respect for customers anymore.

I guess that refers to thai owned places???

I saw a bizarre incident with some guy in Cowboy last time. If it was not "Long Gun" it eas some other nearby spot. He appeared to be Mid-Eastern. Not drunk or unusual looking in anyway. He sits down nearby and does not want a drink, but instead dismissively hands server a 500 baht note. Servers immediately start shouting abuse "you must order" and even girls on stage get in on it. Still he refuses and waves the fiver. Now it's "Pai! Get out now." I could only imagine what was in his mind, maybe he doesn't drink?

He could have ordered a Cola, does not even need to sip it.

This weirdo, and his 500 baht note were shown the door, forthwith.

Edited by arunsakda

Stay away from bars owned by the Arab in Soi Cowboy... You're lucky you chose to get up and leave when you did...

Stay away from bars owned by the Arab in Soi Cowboy... You're lucky you chose to get up and leave when you did...

Is dollhouse arab owned?

Is dollhouse arab owned?

No. Farang owned/managed.

Sent from my GT-S7270L using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I know in patts if you are indian/arab some bars will absolutely toss you if not buying quick enough.

Great stuff, please name these bars, that will "toss" me.

Last one I heard of was the No Hands Bar in SC about 20 years ago.

Anyway back to the Op, a freeloading CC, wanting a quick thrill but not willing to put his hand in his pocket.

Probably a Chang drinking TEFLr.

I know in patts if you are indian/arab some bars will absolutely toss you if not buying quick enough.

Anyway back to the Op, a freeloading CC, wanting a quick thrill but not willing to put his hand in his pocket.

After living in thailand for a while amazingly enough places such as go go bars are more of escaping boredom than seeking a quick thrill. Sadly I must report the "charge" that may once existed on the initial visit has long faded and hearing the bar girls recite the "bar girl to hansum man" script does not induce stiffness or very much interest at all.

Although you advocate putting the hand in the pocket, that maneuver doesn't do it for me either.

How did you know about TEFL. That has been my lifelong dream but i couldn't cut it so i had to settle for a doctorate in medical sciences and teach that instead. drink was a something with tonic water and not beer although what is wrong with chang beer?

what is a freeloading Carbon Copy ? i dont know as i have not yet passed TEFL

Edited by atyclb

After living in thailand for a while amazingly enough places such as go go bars are more of escaping boredom than seeking a quick thrill. Sadly I must report the "charge" that may once existed on the initial visit has long faded and hearing the bar girls recite the "bar girl to hansum man" script does not induce stiffness or very much interest at all.

Although you advocate putting the hand in the pocket, that maneuver doesn't do it for me either.

How did you know about TEFL. That has been my lifelong dream but i couldn't cut it so i had to settle for a doctorate in medical sciences and teach that instead. drink was a something with tonic water and not beer although what is wrong with chang beer?

Dr in medical sciences, thats a step above me, nothing but a lowly aircraft engineer.

Next time head out to Bang Kapi, plenty of bars that dont have a my shit dont stink attitiude, take your time, drink as slowly or as fast as you want.

SC what a dump, why would anyone want to go there in the first place, full of the dregs of Issan, next time try Ratchada.

Just curious. Drink was fully paid and 20 % tip on top.

Had just eaten big meal and was stuffed and abdominal cramping to boot.

Please call out the pigs by name. That way we can all collectively avoid that spot. That kind of behavior is unacceptable. They charge 150 baht for a soda water that is about 5 or 6 baht wholesale. Enough profit. And there are plenty of other customers who make up for guys that do not drink much. Be a gentleman. Treat your customers correctly. Do not be a pig owner.

Spidermike

Chaiyaphum, Thailand

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Dr in medical sciences, thats a step above me, nothing but a lowly aircraft engineer.

Next time head out to Bang Kapi, plenty of bars that dont have a my shit dont stink attitiude, take your time, drink as slowly or as fast as you want.

SC what a dump, why would anyone want to go there in the first place, full of the dregs of Issan, next time try Ratchada.

main motivation for SC is live music and quite decent musicians that are open to jamming. rca, thonglor and rachada are ok as you mention.

^^^^,

I understand your pain and can empathise with you, the music scene in Bkk is in dire straits.

Suggest you try Saxaphone or Brown Sugar, I used to like Tokyo Joes, sadly it is no more.

These days I wait til I get to Pattaya for a live music fix.

The attitude you mention brings back to me why I no longer frequent these clip joints, not missed in the least.

• 4 weeks later...

Indians and Arabs are tight, stink and dupe girls into thinking it's just the one guy then surprise his whole family dad and brothers want to share

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

• Like 1