soap

navara

Hello,

I have been talking to some farang friends about this subject. My wife is addicted to Thai soap. It is so bad, that she is "out of order" during the play.

After 10 years of being confronted with this fact, you have a pretty good idea how I feel about it. During the evening I never see my wife, any conversation is not possible, the attention goes to the tv.

I think that watching a soap in this way, is a waist of your life. You also cripple your relationship.

Okay, what is your comment?

ps: throw away the tv does not help, she goes somewhere else or use the computer.

Edited by navara

Me, stupid, trying to think of any Thai soap, that my wife uses.....but I couldn't.

Then realised it's about TV soaps.

OP, why are you complaining?

She watches the soaps, keeps quite, doesn't bother you.

Do you know how many people would have loved to be in your position?

We are never satisfied with anything..............................blink.png

So it took you 10 years to come up with these ideas? You sure nipped it in the bud didn't you.

When no TV she goes somewhere else or uses the PC, she just doesn't want to talk to you, that is pretty obvious.

See the positive of it you all say. It seems to me that not one of you have the same problem.

"Let her have time for herself", one of you said. SURE, everyone need some.

"She doesn't want to talk to you", one said. Yes, but I can't figure out what's the problem. (I have my thoughts about this)

And when I try to figure it out, there are only bad words and childish reactions.

So.... nobody in serious relation who has a soap problem? Mmmm..... how can that be?

Your wife is a closet American. She doesn't work outside the home. She doesn't really work much inside the home.

She's happy to let some poor sap support her even though she doesn't really like him.

Moving on would be work too, so both parties sit with their heads in the sand. Both parties are actually depressed.

Kick her azz as far through the air get as far away from her as you can, as soon as you can. You need a life.

Soaps are my saviour. Come early evening she likes to watch some cooking programes and a soap or 2.

I only look up to see a jealous dead wife haunting her ex husbands new girlfriend, giggle, then back to internet without guilt of neglecting her.

If it's only a few hours, let her have her time. If longer, look for ways to get out of the house together.

Soaps are addictive, that may be where the snidy comments come from when trying to keeping her from her addiction.

Offer something better than a soap & coincide it with the soap.

Mr. Gringo,

Thx for your advise. I have tried many things, nothing works. Please, she is really addicted. Common sense does not help either.

Funny to tell: once I started to watch it too, but it does not make any sense to me, because I can't speak Thai. When I ask for translation the answers are;" I do not know " or " I do not know who that is " or " they did not tell ".

We go walkabout a lot. Go visit the islands etc.

Not everywhere we go has a kitchen, so we eat out, morning, noon & night. Then you've got all the places & temples to get out & see.

Most important, the TV signal can be nonexistent on places like Ko Mak.

Might be worth a go, see where your relationship is without TV & break her TV cycle.

Good luck.