Aquariums

mat999

I am looking for fish tanks that I can take photos and videos of in Chiang Mai. So far they have all been poor quality (scratched glass or dirty tanks) in the aquariums I have found (various cafes, restaurants and the pet shops on the west side of the moat and between the moat and Airport Plaza).

Does anyone know of any fish tanks which may be suitable to shoot such as in a good quality fish store? I thought I found a good looking fish tank shop just south of Nimman but I can't find it so it may of closed already?

Thanks.

Shogun Farm looks good, I will check it out.

Forgot to mention that I already went to Chiang Mai Zoo which was good, although only one tank was suitable (others had reflections or scratches or curved glass).

The tank in Airport Plaza is curved and has an open back, so not suitable.

Shogun Farm and their sister store, both in Kamthien Market, behind tesco/lotus near highway 11... beautiful tanks, lots of them, wide variety of fish, etc

I'm not from CM but have an avid interest in fish and travel far and wide in Thailand to see what is available. May I ask you for a bit more detail as to where Shogun Farm is and also is the market open in the daytime or evening or both please. ( I'm going to be in CM in December ). Maybe mat999 could do a post when he has been ?.

As an aside, my wife has never been to a zoo and I have promised her a visit to the one in CM when we are there. What are people's opinion of the zoo please ?

Somewhere said shogun is open 24 hours a day, but I took that with a pinch of salt. I am going tonight after dark so will report back.

I liked chiang mai zoo. Much better than one I went to in India but not as good as the one in Singapore. There is a lot of walking though so I wouldn't go on a humid day like today. The aquarium complex has lots of tanks including a walk through one.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Certainly closed by 7pm. It is an area of garden centre type shops which looked like a ghost town at night.

That jewelry shop looks cool, open back tanks though so not ideal for photography.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand