TV expiring and the dreaded Red Stamp in passport.

Esteemed members,

Though I have progressed from always seeking answers about my visa issues to providing alternative answers (special thanks to Ubonjoe).

I am still not near learned enough to be able to answer most visa related issues.

Thus, I humbly request all esteemed and learned members to offer a solution for the predicaments my friend is facing. Here are the details:

She's from Eastern Europe and had been here on multiple entry TV (2 / Twice) and had gotten the extended 30 days through border runs.

During her 3rd multiple entry TV she was given the dreaded red stamp.

She's working as a teacher in a top notch school albeit illegally.

Yes, illegally without a permit!

So, I urged the likes of 'armchair pundits' and 'lab rats' to please reserved your critics. I accept candid remarks in jest as it's welcome for the sake of adding colour to the forum.

That said, her current predicaments are;

1. She's nearing the end of 60 days on the 3rd TV and due for extension in 2 weeks.

2. She had applied for an ED at a bonafide and approved school. However, since she hasn't enough pages left on her passport, she was told to apply for a new one where the ED can be inserted.

3. She had done as advised and awaiting the new one sometime between late September to early October.

4. The collection date of the new passport exceeded the 30 days extension even if she was given one.

Now she's in a dilemma.

1. Will she be given the 30 days extension by crossing the border?

2. Will she be given denied extension and entry due to the red stamped on her passport?

3. Should she apply for the extension at Chaeng Wattana immigration office?

4. Would it help if she get a letter from her consulate about her tentative date of issue for the new passport and brought it with her when applying for the extension?

I had tried hooking her up with the same organisation that got me my volunteer's (WP) but she was dropped like a hot potato.

Thus I implore your guidance and information.

Thank you!

So, I urged the likes of 'armchair pundits' and 'lab rats' to please reserved your critics. I accept candid remarks in jest as it's welcome for the sake of adding colour to the forum.

That is impossible. You and your friend will be attacked with no mercy, and from a valid position.

If you want to help your friend and save yourself useless aggravation, edit / remove your posting while you have time, and just search for "tourist visa denied". All the other information you provided is irrelevant, and will only exacerbate flaming.

By the way, the pic you posted is absolutely unreadable.

• Like 1

That is impossible. You and your friend will be attacked with no mercy, and from a valid position.

If you want to help your friend and save yourself useless aggravation, edit / remove your posting while you have time, and just search for "tourist visa denied". All the other information you provided is irrelevant, and will only exacerbate flaming.

By the way, the pic you posted is absolutely unreadable.

Oh well...I duly thank you for the advise.

However, I am expecting a few learned and concrete solutions from some members that would justify the flaming or the verbal assault.

I am not easily aggravated nor affected by the 'likes of those scums'.

Never taken what is not mine and never give up without a fight.

Let it come...:D

Your point and concern is duly noted. Thank you.

whistling.gif Well, let us just say she has a big problem.

She is the classic illegally working foreigner living in Thailand ..... the one that the "crackdown" is designed to catch and remove from country or who must get her visa and documents legalized in order to stay here.

She did just about everything wrong .... including letting her passport almost run out of pages.

It is going to be very difficult to imagine a way out of her problems from what you are saying.

whistling.gif

• Like 2

1 No

2 Don't know.

3 Yes.

4 Can't hurt unless they ask about what she is currently doing.

1. Agreed

2. Leaning toward (Yes)

3. Agreed

4. Agreed

Thanks

Sent from my iris405+ using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

whistling.gif Well, let us just say she has a big problem.

She is the classic illegally working foreigner living in Thailand ..... the one that the "crackdown" is designed to catch and remove from country or who must get her visa and documents legalized in order to stay here.

She did just about everything wrong .... including letting her passport almost run out of pages.

It is going to be very difficult to imagine a way out of her problems from what you are saying.

whistling.gif

I totally agree. She acknowledges that fact and am prepared should the odds be against her totally, she'll start making arrangement to ship her stuffs home.

Just with a heavy heart and hoping for a solution or the best possible option to take.

Thanks

I agree with the previous poster that you are probably going to get roasted alive on this forum.

I assume that she's going to stop working illegally in Thailand once she gets her ED visa. wink.png She should stop as there is a crackdown on now about this type of thing.

You stated:

" 3. She had done as advised and awaiting the new one sometime between late September to early October."

By that I take it to mean that she wont be getting her new passport until late September early October. That's a long time from now as we are in early July.

I'm hoping someone else will advise if she can get an extension, and for how long, but as you state in the OP any extension won't likely be long enough. She should start going to the Wat and burn incense asking for her new passport to come early.

I'd recommend she leave Thailand. Risking an overstay would be a bad idea because the overstay stamp and the amount fined will likely end up in her new passport and that's potentially giving a consular officer possible grounds to reject her ED visa application. I'm sure she is considering overstaying. She's already working illegally and adding an overstay to that will increase her time in prison if caught.

The last guy I know personally who got caught in an overstay had to work off his fine in a regular Thai prison in Bangkok at a rate of 200 baht per day. After he finished working off his fine he was transferred to the IDC and had to wait for several more weeks there to be deported. Fortunately his country's government paid his flight ticket home. I'm not sure your friend's eastern European country would do the same.

One possibility, if returning home is not an appealing option for her, would be to leave Thailand on her "admitted until" date... or her extended "admitted until" date and go to the neighboring country where she intends to apply for her ED visa taking all of the paperwork required for her ED visa with her.

If she has enough space in her passport for the visa to enter Laos she could wait for her new passport there. If someone else will be collecting her passport on her behalf in Bangkok that would need to be prearranged with her embassy. Most counties also requite the old passport be presented and cancelled at the time one receives the new one. That would also need to be coordinated if it is even possible at all.

I know the Canadian Embassy in Bangkok will send passports to the Australian embassy in Laos. Her country might have a similar arrangement with another country if they don't have an embassy in Laos.

With her fresh new passport in hand she could apply for her ED visa and return to Thailand. (...or am I almost completely incorrect again)?

Edited by 96tehtarp
  • Like 2

One possibility, if returning home is not an appealing option for her, would be to leave Thailand on her "admitted until" date... or her extended "admitted until" date and go to the neighboring country where she intends to apply for her ED visa taking all of the paperwork required for her ED visa with her.

If she has enough space in her passport for the visa to enter Laos she could wait for her new passport there. If someone else will be collecting her passport on her behalf in Bangkok that would need to be prearranged with her embassy. Most counties also requite the old passport be presented and cancelled at the time one receives the new one. That would also need to be coordinated if it is even possible at all.

I know the Canadian Embassy in Bangkok will send passports to the Australian embassy in Laos. Her country might have a similar arrangement with another country if they don't have an embassy in Laos.

With her fresh new passport in hand she could apply for her ED visa and return to Thailand. (...or am I almost completely incorrect again)?

Sound advised! Really appreciate it. With regards to your question if she's contemplating to overstay? No. She's just weighing options and if there's no recourse, she'll start packing to leave without the extension. I would proposed to her your esteemed suggestion.

Thank You

I agree with the previous poster that you are probably going to get roasted alive on this forum.

I assume that she's going to stop working illegally in Thailand once she gets her ED visa. wink.png She should stop as there is a crackdown on now about this type of thing.

You stated:

" 3. She had done as advised and awaiting the new one sometime between late September to early October."

By that I take it to mean that she wont be getting her new passport until late September early October. That's a long time from now as we are in early July.

I'm hoping someone else will advise if she can get an extension, and for how long, but as you state in the OP any extension won't likely be long enough. She should start going to the Wat and burn incense asking for her new passport to come early.

I'd recommend she leave Thailand. Risking an overstay would be a bad idea because the overstay stamp and the amount fined will likely end up in her new passport and that's potentially giving a consular officer possible grounds to reject her ED visa application. I'm sure she is considering overstaying. She's already working illegally and adding an overstay to that will increase her time in prison if caught.

The last guy I know personally who got caught in an overstay had to work off his fine in a regular Thai prison in Bangkok at a rate of 200 baht per day. After he finished working off his fine he was transferred to the IDC and had to wait for several more weeks there to be deported. Fortunately his country's government paid his flight ticket home. I'm not sure your friend's eastern European country would do the same.

Yes, no doubt this is great advice from another esteemed member. Follow it to the letter and she will be fine.

Don't worry, everything will work out just fine. It always does. Why stress now?

Just to show I am not a armchair pundit or lab rat, but an esteemed member, I suggest you Google it.

This simply makes you civil in this forum.

It does not qualify you as an esteemed member.

I'm not stress...aha...you 'assumed' that makes an 'ass' of 'u'.

And sorry to hurt your ego, but what's with the suggestion to Google you about? Subscribe to publish an ad if you want to be a brand or to garner recognition.

Anyway, to google you? That's the last thing I'll do, btw...it's TVF not NASA Quantum Physics think tank.

Signs of your Alzheimer's setting in...you are getting lost in cyberspace, now.

I suggest, the Looney Tunes forum is rather where you belong. Google that!

Edited by Bangkok45

Sorry, here is the image of the Red Stamp.

Looks more like a white stamp to me.

First rate school employing illegal labour and skirting Thailand's tax and social insurance contributions, some first rate ethics to be teaching their students.

Good to see the visa crackdown is having it's intended effect on illegal immigrants.

Edited by OMGImInPattaya
  • Like 1

I smiled laugh.png when I read ... "I had tried hooking her up".

Hahaha... Actually, no pun was intended :) nonetheless, better choice of word next time.

• Like 1

Right, whatever. The best advice for your friend is to sell her belongings and head back to wherever she came from.

Relate this cautionary tale to your friend:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/725414-russian-denied-entry-at-phuket-international-airport-over-visa-crackdown/

'Honesty' in contributing to what was sought reflected sincerity and originality.

'Repetition' to the point of 'redundancy' are signs or lunacy and senility.

First rate school employing illegal labour and skirting Thailand's tax and social insurance contributions, some first rate ethics to be teaching their students.

Good to see the visa crackdown is having it's intended effect on illegal immigrants.

Had taken down the image on second thoughts.

Duly agree with your moral judgement of the school's ethics.

Nevertheless, help sought by a friend thus help rendered without judgement passed.

Have to disagree on the last statement. Can't elaborate in this topic though.

Nevertheless, help sought by a friend thus help rendered without judgement passed.

Is your friend qualified to teach...does she the requisite education and training? If so, why not just return home for a few months and get her passport sorted out and then apply for a visa for Thailand as a teacher or one looking for such employment? Then all would be legal for her and she should have no problem finding a position. That would be the advice I would give her.

• Like 1

Is your friend qualified to teach...does she the requisite education and training? If so, why not just return home for a few months and get her passport sorted out and then apply for a visa for Thailand as a teacher or one looking for such employment? Then all would be legal for her and she should have no problem finding a position. That would be the advice I would give her.
Affirmative...she has the proper requisites for teaching.

For financial reasons she forgoes a legit offer from one school that provides a (WP) and chose one that lure an extra 10k baht which subsequently, got her in this predicament.

She has made up her mind and decided to heed 96tehtarp's advise of waiting out her new passport and yours, to eventually apply for a job here through legit means.

In the meantime, she'll be teaching as a private tutor in Vietnam.

In fact, it pays a lot more there but she loves LOS :)

Thank you for the advise rendered.

Edited by Bangkok45

Why is it going to take so long for her new passport? Earliest the end of September?

Does she have enough room in the passport to get to Vietnam?

Why was she red stamped on tourist visas?

Why is it going to take so long for her new passport? Earliest the end of September?

Does she have enough room in the passport to get to Vietnam?

Why was she red stamped on tourist visas?

1. Can't give an answer for that but it's an Eastern European nation and it was twice confirmed that the earliest is the last week of September.

2. 5 pages to be exact.

3. Beats me, but it was stamped in red stating: The holder of this passport travels to Thailand under A tourist visa several times (3rd TV to be exact) which result in the refusal of a visa in the future.

That's it.