I-mobile 9.1

theduderule

Got one a week ago at Tesco's with the special that they are ran. Yesterday it died. Seems to have software issues(and also charger connection issues) Anyone else have problems with this(I was told you need to take bring it to technician to due software updates as the phone would not do it without rooting I guess)

Now I guess will have to wait and see how fast/good there after sales service will be.

Since its a week old, I'd guess it just bad luck. Take it back and ask for a replacement. My wife has had a 5.3 since they came out with no issues. Still going strong.

Edited by Pomthai

If it within 7 days. Tesco will replace or refund.. even if one day out it is a possibility.

If they do not then take it to an I-mobile service center. They usually sort out while you wait.

Sent from my XT1032 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Edited by casualbiker

You could always try a software restore, but it's a right ball ache searching for the correct packages and quite a bit tricky. I've did it once when i tried to increase the dpi on my iq9, and now i won't fiddle with it too much...

Got one a week ago at Tesco's with the special that they are ran. Yesterday it died. Seems to have software issues....

whistling.gif

Sorry, but with this "detailed" statement, you won't get many useful answers...it's like: my car doesn't start...what's wrong?

Please describe what's wrong with your phone, error messages, does it start, if not..what did you do before?

Have you rooted it?

Have you dropped it?

What you mean with "software issues"?

I have a 9.1 (rooted) too and these (Mediatek) devices are almost indestructible (in software terms), because there are a lot of PC tools available, to revive even a full bricked one.

Edited by Turkleton

Got one a week ago at Tesco's with the special that they are ran. Yesterday it died. Seems to have software issues....

whistling.gif

Sorry, but with this "detailed" statement, you won't get many useful answers...it's like: my car doesn't start...what's wrong?

Please describe what's wrong with your phone, error messages, does it start, if not..what did you do before?

Have you rooted it?

Have you dropped it?

What you mean with "software issues"?

I have a 9.1 (rooted) too and these (Mediatek) devices are almost indestructible (in software terms), because there are a lot of PC tools available, to revive even a full bricked one.

You're right, half the problem was that when i googled IQ9 - no software or recovery tools showed up. When i found it's reference device, a Mediatek, googling for MT6589 I had far better results ....

the phone died. So nothing much I could do with as your can't take out the battery and I can't find a reset button. Got the phone back Friday afternoon- worked fine until Monday morning. Same issue. Phone charged and just went off again. I might try rooting it when I get it back. The service center not very helpful(or rather language barrier- so they could not tell me what they did the first time)

I did not drop the phone or rooted it. I was working one minute and next...well dead as a doornail.

Edited by theduderule