Video: Weeping Japanese politician goes viral

webfact

Japanese Politician Crying Hysterically in Press Conference

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZ8mKGJhuMw

Nonomura, a 47-year-old Hyogo Prefecture assemblyman, has admitted to making 195 trips to four hot spring resorts, without even producing receipts for his jaunts.

A three-hour press conference on July 1 saw Nomura questioned by the media on his responsibility to taxpayers and who he met on the trips. After declining to say who he was meeting, on the grounds he had promised the person anonymity, his responses and behavior became increasingly bizarre.

Source: doin stu

• Like 2

Video of Japan Politician Weeping Goes Viral
By YURI KAGEYAMA / THE ASSOCIATED PRESS

610x458x1.-AP-040714-Japan.jpg.pagespeed

Hyogo Prefectural assemblyman Ryutaro Nonomura is seen crying at a press conference in this screenshot of a video that has gone viral in Japan. (Photo: Youtube)

TOKYO — A video clip of a weeping Japanese politician accused of dubious spending on trips to a hot springs has gone viral, leaving many outraged and puzzled.

The video shows Ryutaro Nonomura, 47, a Hyogo Prefectural assemblyman, bursting into tears, uttering nonsensical phrases and banging on the desk.

“To change Japan and society,” he said in a choked voice, stopping mid-sentence, sometimes sobbing so loud he was shouting. “I’m putting my life on the line.”

One site for the video drew nearly 640,000 views, as of Thursday.

His news conference on Tuesday followed a Kobe Shimbun newspaper report this week that raised questions about Nonomura’s visiting the hot springs 106 times last year, using public money.

Full story: http://www.irrawaddy.org/asia/video-japan-politician-weeping-goes-viral.html

-- IRRAWADDY 2014-07-04

Japanese politician Ryutaro Nonomura sobs at news briefing

(BBC) A Japanese politician Ryutaro Nonomura who wailed and sobbed when quizzed by journalists about expenses has yet to prove that he spent public funds legitimately.

Ryutaro Nonomura burst into tears when he was asked to explain allegations that he had misused public money for personal travel.

As Serena Chaudhry reports, Mr Nonomura still has questions to answer.

Full story: http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-28140393

bbclogo.jpg
-- BBC 2014-07-04

Appearing contrite to the point of public verbal "self-flagellation" is the social norm in Japan when it's obvious that one is trapped in a corner.

All completely faked.

Weak <deleted> - a real man would have stood up and admitted it. Instead he pulls this charade.

Still - he's a politician, so will get away with it.

Assuming responsibility for one's actions and having solid moral courage are certainly admirable traits. Having an emotional breakdown on camera may weaken the perception of sincerity in this case.

I've yet to figure out what a "real man" is or does since the term is rather ambiguous.

I can't foretell the future and I can't comment on what has not happened with any degree of credibility.

I admire those that can, but have yet to meet any.

• Like 1

Although crying is fairly typical in Japan -- they cry when they win at sports, when they lose (pathetic), and when they are caught doing anything wrong. But this is beyond bizarre.

Actually of course this is just a smoke screen to cover up what he actually has lost face about..

.After a phone call from the British Prime Minister stating the fact that the Uk is not only England as taught in Japanese schools and publicly endorsed on NHK and other state media outlets.

Also that English people were offended by the Japanese insistence ,that all people of the British Isles were Igirisijin (Englishman) and that the flag of the Uk is the English flag.

Cameron and the British Establishment concocted up the story of a local misuse of taxes as not to be seen to being heavy handed diplomatically ,

The above MP has been offered a Lordship that is in line with foreign policy to ease the pain of his public humiliation.

This actually took 15 takes to perfect but in between takes there was ample bottles of Asahi