Shopping For Men's Clothing In Chiangmai

adelwich

The eternal debate  

21 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Next week, I begin teaching college courses at Ramkhamaeng University. Especially during the first few class meetings, I would like to dress up. I'm hoping to wear a sports coat or blazer, with nice dress shoes, slacks, shirt, a thin tie, and belt. I'm not actually trying to find a suit, but a lightweight and crisp look that conveys my respect for the students and the university.

I guess this would be analogous to something you might find at Banana Republic (in the US), Armani Exchange (in HK), and G2000 Men (in HK). I'm tall and relatively slender, and am able to fit into Thai sizes.

I hope to find something that balances cost and quality. I will be wearing these clothes back in the states as well, so I should be getting something that won't fall apart in a few months.

Does anyone have any suggestions? Men, what are your favorite places to shop? Women, where do you wish your men would shop?

Thanks in advance for your time!

Aaron

This is Chiang Mai - so as far as sartorial elegance is concerned - you're in the wrong place.

Your best bet is probably Robinson's Department store in Airport Plaza - or Central Dept Store in Kad Suan Kaew. But the most designer thing you can get is Lacoste.

If I were looking for a wardrobe I would probably take a weekend in Bangkok - there is an Armani Exchange in the Emporium. Or I would check out Siam Paragon.

Coming to think of it though - Jaspal in Airport Plaza has some nice men's attire. :o

Good luck!

• 2 weeks later...