Problem With 1-2-call Starter Kit !

North

Helly everyone,

A few days ago I bought a 1-2-call starter kit, and it seems to be working good, BUT in my display (Nokia 3510) an annoying message pops up every day:

Allow SIM action?

Then I can select to show a message, and today the message is: ByBuzz Vocab Quiz: Horse(n) and some unknown signs, and : Thaiza: more unknown signs and then two options I cannot read, because the display only shows rectangles. :o

What can I do to get rid of these annoying messages ?? :D

Help much appreciated !

North :D

I think you have the cell phone set up to use the english language, that is why you have unknown symbols showing up, rectangles, etc.

maybe if you say " no " to "allow sim action", 1-2 call would stop sending you these fun and games sms's. or maybe you must go to the shop and ask them to stop them.

I think you have the cell phone set up to use the english language, that is why you have unknown symbols showing up, rectangles, etc.

maybe if you say " no " to "allow sim action", 1-2 call would stop sending you these fun and games sms's. or maybe you must go to the shop and ask them to stop them.

Yes, the telephone is set up to use the english language, and I cannot select thai language, since I bring the telephone from abroad.

And the problem is, I cannot say no to " allow SIM action", I only have the options to "show" or to "exit"

I went to the shop, where I bought the start kit, but they were not able to help me, maybe I just need to try a sim card from another company.

North :o

Edited by North

Yes, the telephone is set up to use the english language, and I cannot select thai language, since I bring the telephone from abroad.

And the problem is, I cannot say no to " allow SIM action", I only have the options to "show" or to "exit"

I went to the shop, where I bought the start kit, but they were not able to help me, maybe I just need to try a sim card from another company.

North :o

INHO you have to try out first the settings before you buy another sim card:

1. Menu

2. Settings

3. Phone settings

4. Confirm SIM service action (Yes/No)

...or you have to go in a mobile shop where they can speak and read english.

Helly everyone,

A few days ago I bought a 1-2-call starter kit, and it seems to be working good, BUT in my display (Nokia 3510) an annoying message pops up every day:

Allow SIM action?

Then I can select to show a message, and today the message is: ByBuzz Vocab Quiz: Horse(n) and some unknown signs, and : Thaiza: more unknown signs and then two options I cannot read, because the display only shows rectangles. :o

What can I do to get rid of these annoying messages ?? :D

Help much appreciated !

North :D

Call 1175 from your mobile, press 2 to speak with an English-speaking CSR.

I'm not sure but I think One-2-Call is sending you SMSes? Maybe for services that you inadverdently , or mistakenly, subscribed to? Or maybe you've subscribed for WAP/GPRS browsing?

Is the phone new? If not, did you have this problem before?

Agree with the advice:

1. Menu

2. Settings

3. Phone settings

I'd choose "No".

Take a look at, or download, the manual for the phone to see which menus cover Services, might be menu 13, menu 15?

• 2 years later...
A few days ago I bought a 1-2-call starter kit, and it seems to be working good, BUT in my display (Nokia 3510) an annoying message pops up every day: Allow SIM action?

What can I do to get rid of these annoying messages ??

.....I cannot say no to " allow SIM action", I only have the options to "show" or to "exit"

Sorry to bump this old thread, but I had the same problem and thought others might benifit from a Google searchable write up here.

The message appears on the phone's display, "Allow SIM action." As covered above the options allowed in response are 'show' or 'exit'. Clicking 'exit' allows you to ignore the message and continue with your life, selecting 'show' displays the origin of the message which is normally from INN Sport, INN News, INN Biz, ByBuzz, Cools, Chicky Love, IQClub or Thaiza. (Even one from Mobi!)

At this point the offered options are 'OK' or 'Back'. Again the option 'Back' is the escape button.

I am guessing that the 'OK' option is the default choice that causes whatever service or news item to be accepted, subcribed to or delivered at the cost of a few Baht - however I doubt that the opt-out, cancel or stop those %$£*ing messages process is anywhere need as easy. The idea being surely to rope you in as a "customer" without letting you leave with anything near similar ease.

The mobile phone industry has lost trust/faith amoung users such as myself having seen the rise in rip-off "services" that do little to benifit their end user customer.

If it was worthwhile news or stock/currency prices I would not mind (too much) but real time useful market data costs money and all I get is only drivel (in Thai) sent at a rate of about 10-30 messages an hour.

The cure is calling AIS on 1175 as mentioned above.

The operator assured me it was a free service. I had also checked that despite taking my time and patience there was no credit consumed during the times I had been sent these messages. Like North above on this particular telephone I do not have a Thai font installed so - even if I wanted the messages they are only sent in Thai (AIS confirmed this.) so are no use to me at all.

About 30 minuites ago the operator assured me that she had taken this service off of my number (standard - prepaid 12Call) and that the messages should stop in a while.

I believe the 'service' is called "MLide" - not sure that is the right name as her English wasn't great and they appear to be busy today. But is a service that AIS "give away for free" with all their SIM cards (of a particular type?). My original pre-pay 12call SIM died a while ago - my current SIM is a replacement from one of their service counters - I guess that how I was "enrolled."

---------------------------------------------------------------------

With regard to this bit of the thread above:

Agree with the advice:

1. Menu

2. Settings

3. Phone settings

I'd choose "No".

I'm not sure I think such a choice (no) is wise. If the incoming message that requires 'SIM Action' is offering to switch you automatically to a higher call charge rate for your safety and security - I think it is better to require such SIM actions are confirmed by the user (me) rather than accepted without thought because it's the easy option.

Like the incoming Bluetooth requests - I've yet to find one that I want.

Any other experiances along these lines?

These are "Info Messages" sent by AIS/One-2-Call. The default setting for new subscribers is to receive some/most/all topics. Some phones allow you to turn off Info Messages; my Nokia 3110C allows this (Messaging, Info Messages, Info Service, On/Off/Topic Index). If your phone does not have this capability just ring 1175 and ask them to twun off Info Messages.

The AIS/One-2-Call service is called mLIFE or mobileLIFE, http://www2.mobilelife.co.th/

It's more or less the brand for One-2-Call's VAS.

Note that many data-capable Nokia phones sold here come with special SW which includes an mLIFE selection which takes you to their website via GPRS.