Tour de France 2014

T_Dog

Big thanks to JCCR6 for his post on watching the Giro with 365Sport TV. I signed up too and currently watching the first stage of the tour. Was worried my 2Mbps connection would not be enough but no buffering at all and a great picture on a 32 inch display. Anyone else watching?

I'm watching on Eurosport - it looks great; a typical early Summer day - it's a shame that the schools there have not broken up yet.

Big cheerful crowds, beautiful scenery, great weather, looks like quite a nice course - what more could one ask for?

SC

l am stuck in the UK for 2 weeks so watching ITV. Great weekend of sport - Tour, British Grand Prix and UFC 175 ! Any thoughts on a winner for this years Tour ? l fancy Contador. Oh yes, not forgetting the small matter of the world cup !

Edited by happytobehere2014
  • Like 1

Just seen that Cavendish will not start Today sad.png

Link: http://www.espn.co.uk/cycling/sport/story/321719.html

Mark Cavendish's Tour de France is over after he suffered a dislocated shoulder during a dramatic crash on the final straight of the opening stage.

The Omega Pharma - Quick Step team said on their official website that Cavendish had suffered "ligament ruptures with an AC-joint dislocation" and had left the Manxman in a "lot of pain."

Sent from my iPad so Please excuse any typos

Edited by MJCM

I found the Eurosport coverage to be great, the only annoying thing is I can't find a way to turn off the Thai commentary during the live broadcast, I'd rather hear what Greg Lemond has to stay himself, rather than some dodgy Thai translation smile.png Strangely if you watch the repeat the following day, there is no Thai commentary.........

I found the Eurosport coverage to be great, the only annoying thing is I can't find a way to turn off the Thai commentary during the live broadcast, I'd rather hear what Greg Lemond has to stay himself, rather than some dodgy Thai translation smile.png Strangely if you watch the repeat the following day, there is no Thai commentary.........

Check your remote for a "duel" button or go into the sound menu and have a look around there. Normally there is more than one language commentary being transmitted and you can switch to English. Works on normal thai TV and the new digital HD stuff when they re showing sport and some movies.

Check your remote for a "duel" button or go into the sound menu and have a look around there. Normally there is more than one language commentary being transmitted and you can switch to English. Works on normal thai TV and the new digital HD stuff when they re showing sport and some movies.

Yeah, tried that, both channels carried the Thai commentary. It works for other channels though. Maybe its some quirk with the GMM Z satellite box?

And now Contador out, not that I really care, I think he is past it anyway....can't perform without the drugs...... Perhaps he even crashed out deliberately in order to avoid another embarassing social media spat with Olev tongue.png

Yeah, tried that, both channels carried the Thai commentary. It works for other channels though. Maybe its some quirk with the GMM Z satellite box?

I'm watching Eurosport thru GMM and the audio switches language with no problem at all. Using the 'HD lite' remote.