Is the White Box restaurant at Kalim built on public land?

Bulldozer Dawn

I was at Kalim the other day and looked up the beach to the White Box Restaurant.

The back half of the structure is built out on top of a large rock. The rock appears to be located within the tideline and so, I would assume it is on public land.

It would seem that there is no way this rear part of the restaurant can be removed without the remainder of the structure collapsing.

Given that the Army is now demanding the removal of structures encroaching on public beaches in Phuket, will this be the end of the White Box Restaurant?

it is private was owned by Bill who has the house next door ( an used to own the land that the other 4 or so house are on) an used to own Phuket land, the first realtor on Phuket island

Not sure if they have infringed on the original property line but it does look like

it is private was owned by Bill who has the house next door ( an used to own the land that the other 4 or so house are on) an used to own Phuket land, the first realtor on Phuket island

Not sure if they have infringed on the original property line but it does look like

I always wondered about those properties owned by William of Phuket Land fame. Way to close to the high water line. First visited Phuket Land 18 years ago and used his services to buy my first place in Patong.

I always wondered about those properties owned by William of Phuket Land fame. Way to close to the high water line. First visited Phuket Land 18 years ago and used his services to buy my first place in Patong.

Me too along with all those properties on the beach side of the road in Patong (if they were removed it will give a wonderful new aspect to the beach).

i have know bill since his HK days. He brought his beach front in 1981 or so an the houses on the hill before the Safari club ( left hand side) were built inn '82-83

and than he moved on to Kamala with the Kamala beach estates.

Buying land back then was a bit different.

He has been one of the successful stories here but very low key

• 3 weeks later...

Ssshhhhh , rumour has it they might be opening a bar close by but might lose a house ...mmmmm

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Edited by N47HAN

i think Catch and Bimi bar realise the writing is on the wall fror them..

i hear they are negotiating to take over the other beach club about 1/1.5 klms down the road

on Bangtao beach called Blue Siam.....

Catch will no doubt re-emerge which i good news as i think it is excellently runs and will

definitely be missed by locals in the area..

as for White box and its owner ripped it down... everything this guy has touched in the past

with other restaurants he has ruined anyway...

Edited by aussieinphuket

i think Catch and Bimi bar realise the writing is on the wall fror them..

i hear they are negotiating to take over the other beach club about 1/1.5 klms down the road

on Bangtao beach called Blue Siam.....

Catch will no doubt re-emerge which i good news as i think it is excellently runs and will

definitely be missed by locals in the area..

as for White box and its owner ripped it down... everything this guy has touched in the past

with other restaurants he has ruined anyway...

I was up there the other day, Diamond Beach Club, gone,I think those guys scurried away before any more money questions could be asked.

The Catch served a purpose I suppose, if you like to be pretentious at the beach........

White Box? had it's hey-day years ago, and now the Watermark Group has run it into the ground, so yea, bulldoze it.....please.

Both are still there nothing changed and none of the northern places are doing anything.

I remember when the owner of Reggae bar dug some holes to put bar stools in, he told me then as long as he did not make a foundation or use cement past the tree line, it was legal. Of course a 6 months, or so back he cleared a bunch of trees to make a lot, and then all those restaurants north of him starting popping up and they put in a road cleared more trees.

Last year some Russian guy put up a small trailer, it was there for months