6 month internet contract?

Jdiddy

Just rented a house in Chiang mai for 6 months, is it possible to get a 6 month fixed line internet deal?

I don't mind if I have to pay the whole 6 months in advance, I'm not after fast download, 5mbit would be fine so I guess I could get on a cheap plan and just pay the whole 12 Months if thats the only way.

Wireless/mobile internet is not an option as I'm after a low latency reliable connection

Thanks in advance

They generally are 12 month contracts BUT you can move contract to a different house.. also using 3bb as an example it's only 612b Inc tax per month for 10mb service. Usually the connection fees are waived but it does depend on the office / shop you buy it from.

Sent from my XT1032 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Thanks guys, went to the shopfront in pantip plaza near night bazaar and signed up, paid them for 6 months, contract is 12 Months with a 6xxx cancellation fee, seeing as 6 months only costs about 37xx I'll just pay the next 6 months and give the service to a good friend here if they need it then I'll be back here in June 2015 and continue the contract at the next house I rent

Nice staff who speak decent english, no installation fee or any bullshit, I recommend them

Thanks guys, went to the shopfront in pantip plaza near night bazaar and signed up, paid them for 6 months, contract is 12 Months with a 6xxx cancellation fee, seeing as 6 months only costs about 37xx I'll just pay the next 6 months and give the service to a good friend here if they need it then I'll be back here in June 2015 and continue the contract at the next house I rent

Nice staff who speak decent english, no installation fee or any bullshit, I recommend them

Which provider?

We go through True...phone and internet is ~700/month.....no contract.....just a monthly invoice.....very simple...internet is Thai speed....but usable

Are you sure it's no contract?

We go through True...phone and internet is ~700/month.....no contract.....just a monthly invoice.....very simple...internet is Thai speed....but usable

Are you sure it's no contract?

Really? No contracts?!? Wow ...

was using 3g dtac air card 49 baht a day. spoke to local internet shop about 5 kilometres away who suggested a radio receiver. so erected an 18 meter mast with guy cables in back garden with a receiver on the top ( cost 10000 baht for receiver and mast ) now have unlimited broadband for 300 baht per month. paid for 1 year 4000 baht 400 for him to install it. have a password and just login. may pay to talk to local internet/games shop and see what they can do.

PS

must be fast connection as man in the internet shop offered to pay for the mast and receiver and

give me free internet if he could charge people in the village to connect to said mast. I did not

take up his offer as I did not want my internet slowed down

^thats a decent setup, other people using it would be fine as long as the local cellular tower had enough capacity to service them, but your right, keep it for yourself

Wired internet is for me though, don't have to to deal with local congestion and lag spikes when I do online gaming

• Like 1