Kec

Korat Correct

I am honoured to have been appointed President in my absence.

As I have said before I do not think a Korat Expats Club is needed to arrange "mainly socials"

I have nothing against socials per se.

I do believe an "information directory" is needed and I refer to the variety of posts and threads on these websites to substantiate that .

The directory could be as wide as the Korat Telephone Directory listings. That would include a two way communication process, and take a considerable amount of continuous work to keep the directory updated. It would need to involve the experience of established "expats".

To that end KEC should establish its own website.

An organisation without records is not being organised. KEC needs records, a committee and a democratic process.

We cannot isolate ourselves from Thai society but that does not mean we have to try to change it.

I believe the local Government would appreciate dialogue and that the best way to do this is through "Community Contribution" (such as supporting Aids orphans)

I call on the ad hoc committee, who kindly offered me the Presidency, through this TV, because this is where it all started, to reconsider the direction of the Club before I can accept their appointment.

Edited by Korat Correct

As I have said before I do not think a Korat Expats Club is needed to arrange "mainly socials"

I do believe an "information directory" is needed and I refer to the variety of posts and threads on these websites to substantiate that .

The directory could be as wide as the Korat Telephone Directory listings. That would include a two way communication process, and take a considerable amount of continuous work to keep the directory updated. It would need to involve the experience of established "expats".

An organisation without records is not being organised. KEC needs records, a committee and a democratic process.

We cannot isolate ourselves from Thai society but that does not mean we have to try to change it.

I believe the local Government would appreciate dialogue and that the best way to do this is through "Community Contribution" (such as supporting Aids orphans)

I call on the ad hoc committee, who kindly offered me the Presidency, through this TV, because this is where it all started, to reconsider the direction of the Club before I can accept their appointment.

KC

Are you lonely?

Do you miss home?

Have you found your new life in Thailand boring?

What do these two statements mean?

1. "An organisation without records is not being organised. KEC needs records, a committee and a democratic process.

2. "We cannot isolate ourselves from Thai society but that does not mean we have to try to change it."

Lighten up! Get to know some people if you find other do gooders that can not do good with out a crowd that join up (organize, promote yourselfs, feel their pain).

Sounds like you should all become democrats.

Come live in a village and get out of Korat.

Thai Ranger

The first post is the very reason why i would never want to join anything so daft..

Meeting up with like minded people for a beer and a chat i enjoy with but im afraid when words like presidency, committie and democratic process are mentioned its normally not my scence..

Good luck with your club :o

:o Oh dear. KC, perhaps you might go back and look at the replies you got from your Original thread: Korat Expats Club. You were warned.

Your written word is coming off as just a bit "arrogant". But now having talked with you in person, I'll accept that perhaps it's just the way you write and not so much the way you talk. I would still enjoy a beer with you. :D

Ok, so what's wrong with starting this out as more of a "social club" and move on from there if more interest is expressed. And even a "social club" can use a "leader" (ie President, such as yourself) and a Secretary to do some write ups...which by the way Glen volunteered to do. I think that many of the things you aspire to accomplish thru a "formal" club can be accomplished on a more informal basis and that appears to be what the "majority" want for now.

Ok, enough "preaching". Looking forward to our next "meeting" at Derek's place for Cheeky's birthday. :D:D:D

:D Oh dear. KC, perhaps you might go back and look at the replies you got from your Original thread: Korat Expats Club. You were warned.

Your written word is coming off as just a bit "arrogant". But now having talked with you in person, I'll accept that perhaps it's just the way you write and not so much the way you talk. I would still enjoy a beer with you. :D

Ok, so what's wrong with starting this out as more of a "social club" and move on from there if more interest is expressed. And even a "social club" can use a "leader" (ie President, such as yourself) and a Secretary to do some write ups...which by the way Glen volunteered to do. I think that many of the things you aspire to accomplish thru a "formal" club can be accomplished on a more informal basis and that appears to be what the "majority" want for now.

Ok, enough "preaching". Looking forward to our next "meeting" at Derek's place for Cheeky's birthday. :D:D:D

KC and Ken

That sounds like a plan (a couple of beers together and a few laughs) I'll buy the first round but only if you behave yourself Ken. Very diplomat post Ken where was the diplomacy last wednesday. :o:D

Thai Ranger

.......I'll buy the first round but only if you behave yourself Ken. Very diplomat post Ken where was the diplomacy last wednesday. :D:D

Thai Ranger

:o:D

I think there was a full moon that Wednesday night. :D

.......I'll buy the first round but only if you behave yourself Ken. Very diplomat post Ken where was the diplomacy last wednesday. :D:D

Thai Ranger

:D:D

Ken

I am blaming my part on withdrawal symptoms from not having FOX News Channel. :D I ve even gone so far as to start posting on TV. :D It could be worse I could take up watching "footsbul". :o

Thai Ranger

Thai Ranger

:D:D

:D :D

Certainly was something in the air that night! :o

Back on topic, I wasn't going to reply as this topic should be discussed somewhere else. The place the democratic process choose..... :D

However as Ken rightly points out even a Social Club needs some organisation and to that end I hope Korat Correct will come to the next meeting at my place on the 30th July. :D

Hi guys,

I have been reading all posts in the three topics about Korat Expat Club. Very interesting.

Is it possible to come to your next meeting as an observer just to see how to start a Club like this?

I am from Chiang Rai and I have not a clue if there are any interests among the expats to start such a club here but IF, if there would be a bunch of guys that want to start such a club, it would be very good to learn from you guys. You have a lot of experience what to do and what NOT to do.

(And I love to go to party's!!!) :o

You have a lot of experience what to do and what NOT to do.

I wouldnt book the taxi just yet, their may have to be a democratic process to decide on a person from other areas being present.. :o

Im guessing you would have to discuss this matter with the commitee who would in turn put this forward to the President to ponder over...

This could also be a problem, the person who has been handed the presidency needs time to consider the direction of the club before taking the appointment..

Alternativly you could just pop down for a cold beer and a laugh, but im afraid this wouldnt make you privy to the inside workings of the KEC...

Maybe if we start CREC first and a committe appoint me to be an observer how we SHOULD have started the club, then your commite can decide if they will accept an observer from CREC and then put it forward to your president......

Alternativly you could just pop down for a cold beer and a laugh.......

Sounds good enough to me! I will tell you when I am on my way! :o:D:D

Maybe if we start CREC first and a committe appoint me to be an observer how we SHOULD have started the club, then your commite can decide if they will accept an observer from CREC and then put it forward to your president......

Sounds good enough to me! I will tell you when I am on my way! :D:D:D

Hey guys lighten up this is Thailand. Why did you come here to bring the the great western culture to the the brown masses of Asia. Haven't you ever had a good time with nobody taking the minutes so you can all nod in agreement in the morrow. Lets have a few beers, sodas and /or teas and enjoy each others company good bad or ugly. There will be some great chaps, so not great chaps and some complete assh##es but we will all have to remember it on our own, with out the offical version being written down. :D:D:D:o

Thai Ranger

:D I am informed that the "official" club's secretary, Glen, will be in attendance at the party and will be taking notes....uh, minutes :D So at the moment this is about as "official" as it gets. :o

Sounds good enough to me! I will tell you when I am on my way! :D:D:D

As an irregular member of the KEC Ad Hoc Committee (and host of the party) I would like to formally invite svenivan the Founder and I assume President-Elect of the CREC to come and observe our next meeting.

Whilst he is here I hope he will enjoy a few cold beers with us..... :o:D

Thank you Derek,

I think we skip the CREC, we have already CRAPS :D (Chiang Rai Amateur and Proffesional Society for golf) and go direct to the cool beers :o and the good chatting.

My lady is from Chaiyaphum so we will combine the trip with a visit to her family. :D

Thanks again! :D:D:D

Oh dear! Oh dear!