did you need to show yellow book registration when buying a new car with finance?

I want to buy a new pickup with finance and intend to pay 20% deposit.

When I moved into my condo 5 months ago I signed a contract and the landlord has given me a copy of the yellow book and POA allowing me to register my name.

After reading whats involved with this process I wonder if its worth the effort.

If you recently purchased a new car, did they ask you for the yellow book. Thus far, only Ford have asked for 1 yr yellow book registration.

thanks

Interesting your landlord is a falang i assume. So can more then one falang be registered in a yellow tabien baan?

Yep interesting !! first time ever heard of that, extra Thai people can be in the Thai blue house book so maybe the same for yellow book.

Although thought you had to be staying here in Thailand a while before you are given a yellow book. blink.png

I have a yellow book and me going in and out of the country on a M - O visa. This year doing an extension of stay, whilst at immigration sorting a huge amount of paperwork Mrs.Trans was fined for not making a personal trip to immigration to inform them I lived at her house blink.png , we've been living in it for 7 years and I was issued a yellow book.blink.png

She was also told that if immigration police had called at our place with no knowledge of me living there she would have been fined 4000bht sad.png . Yet every border card I fill in has my address on it. facepalm.gif

Is yellow book for condo owners? My missus has a blue book for the house, I've seen it, and she doesn't believe there is such a thing as a yellow book!

I have a yellow book and my house is company owned. I am sure you can get it with a condo too.

Is yellow book for condo owners? My missus has a blue book for the house, I've seen it, and she doesn't believe there is such a thing as a yellow book!

Well basically not just for condo owners it is for a comfirmation of address and you can get one from your main province government office.

It was my Mrs that went about getting it for me It took a bit of time and some hoops and jumps, well it did for me in my province but it has been beneficial.

Glad I got one because I was fed up with getting a letter confirming my address from the local police station or the local government office when I was to renew my 1year marriage extension.

In my province, I not know the value of it in other provinces in which way they go about it but it gives me to stay in our house for as long as I live so better than leases etc.

Edited by Kwasaki

Well basically not just for condo owners it is for a comfirmation of address and you can get one from your main province government office.

It was my Mrs that went about getting it for me It took a bit of time and some hoops and jumps, well it did for me in my province but it has been beneficial.

Glad I got one because I was fed up with getting a letter confirming my address from the local police station or the local government office when I was to renew my 1year marriage extension.

In my province, I not know the value of it in other provinces in which way they go about it but it gives me to stay in our house for as long as I live so better than leases etc.

"In my province, I not know the value of it in other provinces in which way they go about it but it gives me to stay in our house for as long as I live so better than leases etc."

^^^ Not really sure what you mean as it only gives the address you claim to be living at. I don't see how it has any relationship to a lease or rental agreements.

Just bought a used truck (Ford Ranger) by cash using a certificate of residence from Immigration in Bangkok. It took us 2 weeks to get it by EMS with the cost of B200.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

"In my province, I not know the value of it in other provinces in which way they go about it but it gives me to stay in our house for as long as I live so better than leases etc."

^^^ Not really sure what you mean as it only gives the address you claim to be living at. I don't see how it has any relationship to a lease or rental agreements.

As for the OP he can get a new car many ways without a yellow book.

Maybe a bit off subject but I have found the yellow book does more than just proof of address here in Suk, some people get a Uferstuct ( excuse spelling ) or a 30 year lease different circumstances maybe it varys I'm told I do not need either we own our house and the land is owed by my wife of course.

Thanks for the info guys. My next retirement extension is at the end of October which I will do in Pattaya, but in the following year we move up country so I will organise a yellow book to ease the future dealings with officialdom.....and the next extension! I hate all the BS we have to deal with.

• Like 2

Thanks for the info guys. My next retirement extension is at the end of October which I will do in Pattaya, but in the following year we move up country so I will organise a yellow book to ease the future dealings with officialdom.....and the next extension! I hate all the BS we have to deal with.

Yeah you have my sympathises, until my mrs sorted it all out, I use to get angry, so not such a good thing to do when your er in Thailand eh.

It ain't straight forward but worth doing IMO.