Faded Laptop Screen

Prudent_rabbit

I own a Dell Inspiron 5160 and have had it for nearly 4 years, very good laptop, however after turning it on last night, it flickered and I now have a very dull screen, me thinks the backlight has gone on it (in use every day) and I would like to get it repaired. Does

a) anybody know best place in Pantip to go

:o is it repairable or will they try and fob me off with a new screen

c) is it worth it

any help appreciated

I own a Dell Inspiron 5160 and have had it for nearly 4 years, very good laptop, however after turning it on last night, it flickered and I now have a very dull screen, me thinks the backlight has gone on it (in use every day) and I would like to get it repaired. Does

a) anybody know best place in Pantip to go

:o is it repairable or will they try and fob me off with a new screen

c) is it worth it

any help appreciated

Pantip can help you maybe but I think and it's also my experience, replacement parts are relatively expensive. Most replacement parts for screens for laptops comes from SAMSUNG and cost about 10'000 Baht.

Okay, this was from two years ago but I think not much ceaper now.

Check the cable also from the screen, maybe it is broken!

I hope you have better luck than I am in getting my Acer repaired.

My g/f decided to 'tread' on mine (replace tread with STAMPED it's closer to the truth) Its been with Acer for 5 weeks now price has slowly crept up from 6000 to 18,000 (inc 800baht servise fee) Its still just about cost effective to get it repaired as a replacement is just over 70,000 baht.

The best bit is the screen wont be here till Some time in August. Not bad for their 2 hour warrenty repair........

I hope you have better luck than I am in getting my Acer repaired.

My g/f decided to 'tread' on mine (replace tread with STAMPED it's closer to the truth) Its been with Acer for 5 weeks now price has slowly crept up from 6000 to 18,000 (inc 800baht servise fee) Its still just about cost effective to get it repaired as a replacement is just over 70,000 baht.

The best bit is the screen wont be here till Some time in August. Not bad for their 2 hour warrenty repair........

Repairs can take months here in Thailand by official service agents or dealers of the major brands.

It helps if you know somebody inside, always try to contact the service department directly and butter up the man who is in charge and the last repair for a customer (digital camera) took almost three weeks but three days after my phone call the repaired item arrived here at Phuket with EMS.

Service for an Epson printer wich has a display that flashed it needed service and did not a thing anymore: the defect was caused by using COPY color ink cartridges, that was told to the customer.

Now the owner was afraid to loose his printer for weeks so he brought it to me and it turned out that the defect was caused by leakage from the ORIGINAL black EPSON ink cartridge.

All what I did was clean the unit inside and reset the service counter in the eeprom of the printer (thanks to the guy who works in the Epson factory for this tool).

For Acer laptop wich is the best sold laptop here and made in Thailand, I don't think that they have to order this part from outside Thailand, I think that is the usual bullshit to avoid to work to hard.