Websites to help with buying new scooters available in Thailand

Just go rent a scooter you are thinking of buying and see how you like it. Rent another similar scooter to compare it to. repeat as often as needed. Then go to the showrooms and see what deals are available at that time. Far better than a faceless website review.

• Like 1

Just go rent a scooter you are thinking of buying and see how you like it. Rent another similar scooter to compare it to. repeat as often as needed. Then go to the showrooms and see what deals are available at that time. Far better than a faceless website review.

For me that would be phase two. Phase one; Internet

I'm pretty sure you found the source of info in this forum.
Maybe there are Thai websites, but you probably wouldn't be here if you could read Thai.

So you have to search for each model and read the threads that come up.

I doubt anyone will fund comparing scooters that cost less than a decent laptop computer.

Luckily there are plenty of us that love our bikes (or have free time) to write about them.

no such a website and finding specs of Thai scooters is not easy!

for small size scooters, click is cool but i always go for honda wave although is not a scooter but similar.

for mid size scooters, get a honda SH150i or new honda pcx 150. sh150 is better suited for foreigner size.

for maxi size scooters, your choice are honda forza, sym 300 and 400 c models and yamaha t max 500 cc. forza is a bargain but sym 400 is looking like a good value as well, made in taiwan.

good luck.

I know that teachers are not paid all that much...but seriously worried about fuel economy?

I would think that someone who has "Tesltra" in their name would be able to do the math quickly. Let's assume that you get the choice narrowed down to 2 bikes. One gets better fuel economy than the other. We'll assume 10% better. The 'gas guzzler' get's 40 km/L. A daily average of 44 kms means that after a month and a half (45 days!) you'd be able to afford that there Big Mac value meal.

I am a huge Honda fan and have to say that other than the Airblade (no longer available new) and the PCX (quite expensive compared to the rest of the field...but seems to be worth it) the other Honda automatics are cheap feeling and I would rather ride a Wave. Note that I haven't had a chance to take a spin on a Zoomer-X yet.

Like other things in life it is not what you have but how you use it. smile.png Location is a big factor as is distance traveled and type of travel.

As has been said small capacity ones are all much of a muchness. They all do what it says on the box and all return essentially the same fuel mileage.

The basic choice would be semi or fully automatic and then engine size. Semi automatics may get slightly better fuel mileage depending on the rider.

Then it is styling like say Scoopy vs. Zoomer-X both the same engine just different bikes. Honda has 150 PCX Yamaha has 125 Nuovo SX etc.or Tricity

Some say Yamaha technical/build quality is a bit higher but Honda sells more?

Next size up Honda has Forza, Sym has Joymax. Suzuki has Burgman (bit smaller engine) In this scooter range 300 is not always 300!

Top end? BMW has C 600, Yamaha has T-Max

Best advice buy the one you like from the nearest dealer. Or narrow it down and come back.

Edited by VocalNeal