My Fiance Got The Call From The Australian Embassy

Guys, it looks like my email got a result...... its been a common occourance that people have sent in emails and then they get an almost instant response.... and this is appears what has happened to me!! read my previous thread!!

I cant wait!! my fiance will be in melbourne on july the 9th!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guys, thanks for your advice and support, i will continue to be an active participant on this forum because it has been those experienced guys who have helped me with my questions.. thanks guys

:o:D:D

Thanks bronco! :o

Thanks Oz :D

Oz read my last thread about notice of intention to marry .... my fiance and i have come to the conclusion that communication has broken down in the embassy and our application was just sitting around..... I hope that you have a shorter waiting period than i did

Oz read my last thread about notice of intention to marry .... my fiance and i have come to the conclusion that communication has broken down in the embassy and our application was just sitting around..... I hope that you have a shorter waiting period than i did

Thanks I read that one unfortunatly our NOI was to marry feb 14 next year, so cant use the same angle. I plan to email if it goes past 4 months, we are at 10 weeks now.

hope i can post some good news soon.

Spike & Pui

where are you gonna settle in Oz?

Bronco, we will be in melbourne

MM, thank you so much for every word of advice.... I hope that i can be as help to others as u have been for me... thanks again.

Oz, u have the right idea, dont call the case officer.. u will most likely get attitude.. an email is a good way to go!!

:o:D:D:D

Guys I recvd this email today (mon 3rd july 2006)

Subject: IMMIGRATION-IN-CONFIDENCE: Email to Bangkok Embassy

Dear Mr W

I am writing in response to the email that you sent to the Bangkok mailbox

regarding Ms ********* application for a prospective spouse

visa. I am pleased to be able to advise that this case was finalised

today. Ms *******'s case officer will be in contact with her in the near

future regarding the decision made and providing instructions on the

process for having a visa evidenced.

regards

Jayne Bryant

Senior Migration Officer

Visa and Immigration Office

Australian Embassy

Bangkok

Well i appreciate the reply.. however my mrs got the call last week and has been to the embassy already and is now sitting at home with a visa in her passport and waiting to fly to oz on saturday .... does this just go to show that the bangkok embassy and the Australian immigration department is totally disfunctional??

Edited by markww

What was the date on the letter ???

I think you will find the delay is that posts made in Thailand come here on Thai Airways then have to go through our own postal system. This could be why there has been a delay unless there is a TA flight into your city everyday of the week.

I think you will find the delay is that posts made in Thailand come here on Thai Airways then have to go through our own postal system. This could be why there has been a delay unless there is a TA flight into your city everyday of the week.

It was a email not a letter

Spike

ozspike is right!! it was an email.... no defences there for the embassy!!

ooops misread that.....

but in the end what does it matter.... :o

ooops misread that.....

but in the end what does it matter.... :o

I know in the end i have what i wanted, but what about the other guys going through the same thing, and what about my 5 months of waiting.. as you know it is a strain mentally.

Really, something should be done, its not acceptable!

5 months of waiting.

:o:D

Why so long? I know they say it can take up to 9 months. But i thought you usually know within 3-4 months? We applied for wifes spouse visa just over 2 months ago. I was hoping to hear by the end of this month. :D

Guys....we have read of visas being granted in 3-4 months and quite often that is the time taken for the grant....BUT.....Every application is different and there are various situations that can increase that time....the Embassy say upto 9 months, anything shorter in time than this is a bonus.

• 2 weeks later...

Gentlemen,

My fiancee and I lodged her fiancee visa application at the Aust. Embassy office on 25th February this year. Her interview was on 23rd March. I called the Embassy on 22nd June and spoke to our Case Officer who said that our application had been assessed for relationship and was now awaiting determination by the Australian Officer.

The CO said the our application had been waiting for several weeks. Even if it was only several days, yet another month has passed without hearing from the Embassy and with our file sitting in the dark, presumably growing mould.

I was wondering if there is something I can do to speed things up, or whether I should just wait a little longer.

Regards

Virg'

PS: My fiance applied for a tourist visa (she has been Oz before) which the Embassy approved. However, the CO called her and said that if she accepted the tourist visa they would remove our application from the queue until she returned to Thailand ... then, our application would go back to the end of the queue ... go figure ?!? ... I still can't work out how that benefits ANYONE ... even the Embassy.

Gentlemen,

My fiancee and I lodged her fiancee visa application at the Aust. Embassy office on 25th February this year. Her interview was on 23rd March. I called the Embassy on 22nd June and spoke to our Case Officer who said that our application had been assessed for relationship and was now awaiting determination by the Australian Officer.

The CO said the our application had been waiting for several weeks. Even if it was only several days, yet another month has passed without hearing from the Embassy and with our file sitting in the dark, presumably growing mould.

I was wondering if there is something I can do to speed things up, or whether I should just wait a little longer.

Regards

Virg'

PS: My fiance applied for a tourist visa (she has been Oz before) which the Embassy approved. However, the CO called her and said that if she accepted the tourist visa they would remove our application from the queue until she returned to Thailand ... then, our application would go back to the end of the queue ... go figure ?!? ... I still can't work out how that benefits ANYONE ... even the Embassy.

Probably time to ring or e mail them and make an enquiry.

The application doesnt go to the end of the queue but it may be suspended while she is out of the country.

Hi Virgil

can you tell me when your GF went to Oz and for how long(the trip during the fiancee app).

And if anyone has some advice, this is our situation.

we applied and had interview for Australian fiancee visa April 21st and we have just got her a visa to go on a holiday to the UK for 4 weeks. we will have to tell the CO when we leave Thailand and I guess our application will be put on hold. we where hoping that by the time we plan to go to the UK at the end of Aug we would have got the Fiancee visa approved, if not the plan was to call the CO and maybe email her boss 1 week before we go and explain that we are going to UK for 4 weeks and if the visa is almost ready is there any chance of getting it before we go so we can fly straight back to Oz and not have to drop her off in Bangkok.

thanks Spike & Pui

Ozspike, there is no telling how they operate inside the embassy, I think it boils down to CO attitude/workload.

In your case, you have been waiting for a decision for three months and could probably expect it within the next four to eight weeks however, as your visa to the UK has been approved and as your departure date for that trip is only four weeks away, I suggest that you email Gemma Jackson outlining your plans and request that some priority be given to the application.

I think it is reasonable that you be given the opportunity of leaving the UK for Australia direct, rather than the unnecessarily expensive detour route through Bangkok.

I wouldn't be waiting until the last week to make this request. Sooner better than later.

We ended up not using the Tourist Visa because it would delay the Fiance Visa. I can't understand how or why, but it does.

And I spoke to the CO, Varisa, as did my fiance. Varisa told BOTH OF US that the application would go back to the END OF THE QUEUE if my fiance accepted the Tourist Visa.

The whole thing is absolutely crazy. My parents came to Thailand to meet my future in-laws. We have a wedding planned for 30 September. Things are taking so long that we are going to have to can it and set a new date. We can't confirm bookings on venues or send invitations or anything.

Perhaps if my fiance posed as an persecuted, half-starved Afgani refugee and arrived here on a sinking fishing boat ......

Virgil,

Perhaps you can e mail them explaining the situation regards the planned wedding, it may help to push things along a bit, you could send a letter containing copies of the invites or other things you have already booked showing dates etc... Address them to the CO by name, so that she gets them and not some letter opener. You have nothing to lose.

These matters revert back to the four 'P's' of visa application.

Planning.

Preparing.

Presentation.

Patience.

Proper planning may have averted many of the headaches/heartaches that some people endure whilst trying to obtain an embassy decision so as to fit in with personal deadlines.

There is a lesson to be learnt here.

• 3 months later...
Ms *******'s case officer will be in contact with her in the near

future regarding the decision made and providing instructions on the

process for having a visa evidenced.

Hi Markww. Congratulations mate.

What's the process of evidencing an SV?

My Mrs and I are booked into the Australian embassy to submit our SV on 10th November. This will be 4 years and 1 day since we met in Bangkok.

Another thing too. Is there an entry date on the SV visa? How long did they give your mrs to enter Australia before cancelling the visa? I hope they give plenty of time. I know on TVs they give 1 month and for some reason they ignore the date of intended arrival written on the TV form.

To all you Aussies who have had their girl recently apply for an SV: what are the case officers like? Any experiences? It would be nice to know the personality of our case officer before meeting her. Our case officer's name is Wachila.

Thanks.