Samsung Galaxy Tab S launched in Bangkok

webfact

Samsung Galaxy Tab S launched in Bangkok

30238104-01_big.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Thai Samsung Electronics Wednesday launched its first largest Samsung experience shop in Southeast Asia.

It also launched its new flagship Samsung Galaxy Tab S tablets with 10.5-inch and 8.4-inch displays at the prices of Bt19,900 and Bt16,900 respectively.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/breakingnews/Samsung-Galaxy-Tab-S-launched-in-Bangkok-30238104.html

[thenation]2014-07-09[/thenation]

does the new tablet, 8.4 play flash videos? that's the only thing I don't like about my 7.7

Install this app: http://schoener-fernsehen.com/files/sf.apk

It will take care of proper installation of Adobe Flash Player. In addition, you can watch a lot of international TV programs for free. On the other hand, VLC will play FLV, too.

• Like 1

re

It also launched its new flagship Samsung Galaxy Tab S tablet

their right

and yours truly bought an 8.4 one yesterday

to replace my old 7.7 that died last week :(

dave2

So you got a new top of the range Samsung to replace the old top range Samsung. The same one that never got updated passed JellyBean... at least the new one starts on Kit Kat.

I personally will not buy a Samsung phone again because of their appalling record for updating.

Sent from my XT1032 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

does the new tablet, 8.4 play flash videos? that's the only thing I don't like about my 7.7

Install this app: http://schoener-fernsehen.com/files/sf.apk

It will take care of proper installation of Adobe Flash Player. In addition, you can watch a lot of international TV programs for free. On the other hand, VLC will play FLV, too.

awesome, trying it now!

Will never buy shiiite Korean things anymore. Shiiite but cheaper Chinese tab are exactly the same now, people are just too stupid too understand.

Both Apple & Microsoft tablets are made in China although Apple is moving some manufacture to USA.  So, There is "good' Chinese and "bad" Chinese, I guess???, depending on whether they have MS or Apple logo's on them or not.    I am still not sure what the anti-Korean rant is all about.  

P.S.  If the Korean & Chinese factories employed Sunni muslims as well as Shiite staff would you feel beter?

Edited by The Deerhunter
  • Like 1

re

Nice. Great product. May I ask what sold you over the Note 3?

errr ummm errr ... nothing ;)

i bought a note 3 ( a superb machine ) three weeks ago and the new tab s yesterday

re

So you got a new top of the range Samsung to replace the old top range Samsung. The same one that never got updated passed JellyBean

my old 7.7 never got upgraded past gingerbread but i had many happy hours learning how to work my first tablet

and smartphone , a galaxy cooper

so as im used to samsungs ways / systems im sticking with what i know and understand for an old codger my age !

dave2

ps ... i was adicted to ciggarets for fifty odd years !

now im adicted to smartphones / tablets and kids / teens and even adults look at me as if im nuts :(

but im having a whale of a time with them

life is good :)

• Like 1

Will never buy shiiite Korean things anymore. Shiiite but cheaper Chinese tab are exactly the same now, people are just too stupid too understand.

Both Apple & Microsoft tablets are made in China although Apple is moving some manufacture to USA.  So, There is "good' Chinese and "bad" Chinese, I guess???, depending on whether they have MS or Apple logo's on them or not.    I am still not sure what the anti-Korean rant is all about.  

P.S.  If the Korean & Chinese factories employed Sunni muslims as well as Shiite staff would you feel beter?

They all are crap but Samsung crap and apple costs double price compared to no brand electronics that are as good...

They all are crap but Samsung crap and apple costs double price compared to no brand electronics that are as good...

No brand electronics have lots of problems with their firmware. I am steering away from Samsung myself, but it's better to move to cheaper brands like Oppo or LG than to chinese brands at the moment. (unless u really need to just browse the web or similar)

re

Nice pussy

heres another one :)

ive spent the last week in chiang mai looking for a book cover / stand and screen protector for my new tab s

do you think i can find either  .... can i ####

samsung sell a new tablet .. yes ... but a cover for it .. no :(

dave2 .... grrrrrr

re

samsung sell a new tablet .. yes ... but a cover for it .. no

an update ... they do .. they do :)

i went into the samsung shop in maya mall yesterday and met a couple of comedians who had a black or white book cover in stock for 1890 baht :(

needless to say the covers are still in the shop !

dave2  ... waiting for a copy :)

ps ... mickey and mini were in another shop but i needed a pair of comedians for this post !

re

As a long time Samsung fan I won't use anything else

uhhhh ....

i went into the samsung shop in maya mall yesterday and met a couple of comedians who had a black or white book cover in stock for 1890 baht

wow ... so you would only buy a genuine samsung book

cover @ 1890 baht for your new tab s

rather than wait a few weeks for someone to make a copy

of a book cover for 500 baht ?

i wish i was as clever and had as much money as you !

dave2

Edited by dave2

• 2 weeks later...
Nobody cares what cover you bought.

And for sure English is not your first language.

You bought a whole bunch of Samsungs but now you are bashing them. Idiot

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app Edited by snarky66

re

Nobody cares what cover you bought.

ohh dear

And for sure English is not your first language.

ohh dear .... see pic smile.png

You bought a whole bunch of Samsungs but now you are bashing them. Idiot

ohh dear

i was whinging about the price of original samsung book covers @ 1890 not their tablets !

but you didnt undestand that :(

now whos the idiot smile.png

dave2

Edited by dave2
  • Like 1

Does anyone know if the S Tabs sold at Best Buy (or other retailers) in the USA are the same as those in Thailand?

I intend to get one that can use with a SIM card in Thailand.

Also would like to add that the 8.4-inch displays at Bt16,900 is approximately USD130 more than that sold in The Washington DC metro area.

I saw it at Best Buy last week for USD399.

Screen is very impressive and the thinness is also nice!

re

whereas the ones I've seen here in Thailand are cellular+wifi (have slot for SIM)

shes right !

mine ... model number SM T705 bought in chiang mai has a sim card slot .... sd card slot and it takes good pics smile.png

dave2

pic ... doi suthep taken with it 5 mins ago :)

PS .. internal memory is 16 gb and im running a 64 gb ext sd card in it with no problems

Edited by dave2

re

whereas the ones I've seen here in Thailand are cellular+wifi (have slot for SIM)

shes right !

mine ... model number SM T705 bought in chiang mai has a sim card slot .... sd card slot and it takes good pics smile.png

dave2

pic ... doi suthep taken with it 5 mins ago smile.png

PS .. internal memory is 16 gb and im running a 64 gb ext sd card in it with no problems

do you have any problems saving, accessing, and deleting files on the SD card? what (if anything) have you been keeping on the SD card?

the reason i ask is that i've read things online about the current version of android (kitkat) imposing restrictions on what you can store etc on the SD card -- a lot of people apparently are having problems with apps, media files, etc, on the SD card.

re

do you have any problems saving, accessing, and deleting files on the SD card?

not so far ... no

what (if anything) have you been keeping on the SD card?

ive got a 20 odd gb file of pics on a san disk x 10 sd card

a few gb of music in a file and an mp4 music video in there and a few other bits and ive had no trouble putting stuff in it or deleting stuff and im using ES file explorer as my file manager

dave2

do you have any problems saving, accessing, and deleting files on the SD card? what (if anything) have you been keeping on the SD card?

the reason i ask is that i've read things online about the current version of android (kitkat) imposing restrictions on what you can store etc on the SD card -- a lot of people apparently are having problems with apps, media files, etc, on the SD card.

I heard about this as well from someone else but am currently on KitKat 4.4.2 on a SS Galaxy S4 and have not experienced any restrictions moving files around.

re

I heard about this as well from someone else but am currently on KitKat 4.4.2 on a SS Galaxy S4 and have not experienced any restrictions moving files around

im also running 4.4.2 kit kat in my note 3 and it works perfectly

with ES file explorer :)

dave2

re

i went into the samsung shop in maya mall yesterday and met a couple of comedians who had a black or white book cover in stock for 1890 baht xsad.png.pagespeed.ic.5zxzyGiJz0.png

needless to say the covers are still in the shop !

dave2  ... waiting for a copy smile.png.pagespeed.ce.CwSpBGGvqN.png

wey hey i found a copy of a book cover for my tab s

on a stall in big c for 480 baht yesterday but they only had a red one :(

thats a 1410 baht baht price difference by waiting a few days to get a copy

dave2 ... a very happy man :)