Asus T-100

Hello

I have one It's now my daily runner(Don't use my Pc at home and give my Laptop to my wife). Easy to carry fast enough for nearly everything. At work i connect to a Monitor and at home can use on the couch and in the bed, really nice.

If you don't want to play or work with Autocad or similar, I can suggest 100%

Chris

Thanks for the reply, I pick mine up tomorrow. I figure the licensed copy of Windows 8.1 and student office is almost as much as the computer, I will give my old machine to my niece.

Sent from my i-mobile IQ 6 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Lazada will save me ฿900, but the store I have bought from gives excellent service and is close to me, so I figure it's worth the extra, plus they throw in a value pack, which is worth close to ฿900, anyway, but thanks for the tip.

Hello

I have one It's now my daily runner(Don't use my Pc at home and give my Laptop to my wife). Easy to carry fast enough for nearly everything. At work i connect to a Monitor and at home can use on the couch and in the bed, really nice.

Chris

Hi Chris, I just got mine, and except for one problem I think it will be a great machine. Mine is set for the English language, but when ever I get little boxes like on Hotmail. com the sign in box is in Thai, of course for Hotmail that's not a problem, but for some things it is. Is there a way I can reset the whole thing so it's in English? Thanks.

Hello

Chris

Hi Chris, I just got mine, and except for one problem I think it will be a great machine. Mine is set for the English language, but when ever I get little boxes like on Hotmail. com the sign in box is in Thai, of course for Hotmail that's not a problem, but for some things it is. Is there a way I can reset the whole thing so it's in English? Thanks.

Hello

I'm not sure. I never had a problem with this, but i installled a german Language Pack. Maybe you can install the english Language Pack

Chris

One reason why i bought from a shop close by. i took the computer back to them, and they fixed the Language problem. Early days yet, but I like this computer a lot, however I wish Thai Visa had a Windows 8.1 app like their android app.

I don't know but they claim 8 to 10 and I think that is probably close. I may be missing something, but why would anybody buy a IPad or high end Galaxy, when they can get so much more with the T-100 for about 70% of the price.

I don't know but they claim 8 to 10 and I think that is probably close. I may be missing something, but why would anybody buy a IPad or high end Galaxy, when they can get so much more with the T-100 for about 70% of the price.

I wouldn't buy a Galaxy as Android has no superiority over IOS in Tablet (Most Android users agree on this, they choose Android phone + Ipad)

However iPad has much better screen, lots of useful apps, thin and light compared to T100.

I really hate windows 8 and desktop mode would be useless in 10" tablet and my only hesitation is 1366x768 screen of Asus T100.

If they make full hd T100, I will probably buy it.

A risk of derailing thread, but saving someone from headaches of Windows 8.x, have you considered a chromebook, similar physical form, weight, battery life,and upcoming chromeos upgrade (applicable to any recently released chromebook) will allow you access to a significant chunk of Android catalogue too (announced at Google I/O). Granted you wont be able to run photoshop, autocad, etc.. but the T-100 isnt really designed for them anyway. Printing happens via Google CloudPrint (i.e. generally Chrome running on a Windows PC with attached printer unless printer directly supports cloudprint, no different than ios airprint)

Also BannanaIT (if thats your local store, guessing by the worthless crappy value pack) have price matched Lazada print out before on laptops if set on the T-100 smile.png pays to be cheeky..

Edited by matt111

I've used T100 today.

Win 8 on tablet/touch panel is simply terrible.

App store lacks apps bigtime. No official gmail or youtube app. Facebook app is like a joke.

When you click somewhere and open virtual keyboard, hardware keyboard does not work. I also couldn't find a way to change keyboard (THAI / ENG) via a shortcut in Keyboard. In virtual keyboard it is easy to change lang.

Its good I bought this as a mini laptop and not a tablet. As a tablet, it would disappoint everyone.