Extension based on marriage - What do I need from my landlord?

I read in another topic on TV today that I might need a copy (or original) of my land lords talian ban and his ID, plus a letter from him stating I am indeed his tenant. (The contract is in my wife's name of course) for the purpose of applying for a extension based on marriage.

Can anyone add any information to this please? I really want to get this right first time.

When we asked him for a copy of these documents, he was reluctant at first until we explained, in detail, the importance of them regarding immigration requirements.

He asked me to ask immigration exactly what he's supposed to state in the letter. I'm guessing it's just that we're his tenants, the date we moved in and that's about it. Plus we already have the rental agreement/contract.

Does anyone have any experience with this?

Thanks in advance. thumbsup.gif

The rental agreement with a singed copies of his house book and ID cards attached should be all that is needed.

There would be not need for the letter with a rental agreement.

Thanks Joe.

Stupid question- do you mean the house book for the house we are renting? I guessing so, or do you mean the house he lives in? (It's actually next door to us) I'm sure you mean our rented house, I just want to be 100% sure.

I had a similar problem last year, in that we (my wife and I) were unable to produce a Tabian Ban (House book). The way round it was for two of my wifes Thai friends confirm our residence ..they had to show their house books and sign confirmation accordingly.

I hope this helps if your landlord is not forthcoming.

good luck

• Like 1

is it 'easy' to get added to the House Book and doea anyone know the process (thanks)

You cannot be added to a blue house book. You can get your own yellow house book. Look at the pinned topic on the real estate forum for info.