Transformer | 110V Electronics | Where to Buy?

smileplur

DS a transformer like the one pictured below. I have a couple of electronic devices from the US that requires 110V. I only have this one, but I need at least one more. I don't know where to buy one at a reasonable price. Do you have any suggestions here in Bangkok about where to buy and how much it might cost?

I have posted this in the Bangkok forum for the most exposure to the topic, as I need to get one of these as soon as I can.

post-44509-0-13083300-1404984291_thumb.j

I should mention that I know I can get one in Chinatown, and I would probably have luck at Panthip. However, I live in the On Nut area. I was hoping to find something a little bit closer to home.

I am completely clueless about the price. The only thing I have found on the internet so far are deluxe type models that I don't need. I really don't need any bells and whistles at all. It simply needs to function. I don't want my things to explode. I would prefer my Japanese model XBox continues to work. I would probably cry if my Roku Box (US Model) died suddenly because of an issue with the power supply voltage!

Thanks for any information!!!

Most any electrical supply srore will have them,, 300 - 400 baht. They might be in the back room so if you don;t speak Thai just draw a picture of a transformer with 220vac in and 115 vac out.

If you live in On Nut, take the BTS or a bus to Phra Khanong BTS...take the stairway at EXIT 2 to Sukhumvit. Walk back against traffic a few meters and turn onto the diagonal street on your right just past the new condo tower. Electrical shop on right side sells all sorts of transformers.

I am also looking for a power transformer so that I can use an item that I purchased from the US last week. Last night I stopped by a Homepro in Minburi and found one, but they only had one model left for THB 900. I didn't buy it though because it was one of those very heavy, very basic models that's grey in color and looks like a bunch of magnets stuck together. In Thai, they call it "Kreung Plaeng Fai" in case you need to ask for one. Another place to find these online in Thailand is through a website called "we love shopping". Last month, when I was looking through this website I saw many different models available, but surprising when I checked again yesterday, there was only one model available (the same type I described above which I found at Homepro).