2 weeks holiday in the Area. any good ideas where to go?

vento

Hi, im going to Singapore a few days and after that i got a couple of weeks to do whatever i want. I haven't traveled around much in this region, other than KL/HK/SG and off course Thailand where i live.

I'm traveling alone and safety is high priority. I really wanted to go to Manilla/Bohol, but i just think i read so much about safety that i almost not feel that its worth the risk.

I like beach and a occasional drink (its my holiday), so a little possibility of a fun night out is important. Else i will get to bored, traveling alone smile.png

Beach is not top priority if the place has something else to offer.

Any suggestion from the forum members which have been much around here?

Thanks in Advance.

Not managed to get there myself but Sentosa Island looks alright for a few days maybe.

From what I have seen on Television SP is very safe.

You could try out Orchard Towers for some kind of fun. whistling.gif

You could check out Anthony Bourdain's The Layover Episode 1 for some ideas on food places.

Infact.....

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xo2ian_the-layover-s01e01-singapore_travel

I wouldn't be too worried about the Philippines.  It's been a few years, but I spent a few months cruising around.  Manila has fairly good nightlife, but if you are use to Thailand, you'll likely be disappointed.

Cebu is near the beach and has fair nightlife.  Not much on Bohol, but I was there for diving so didn't go out other than having a few beers at whatever resort I was in.  Maybe Boracay?

Other than Manila, I was never worried about my safety.  You'll have to get use to every store having an armed guard outside though! LOL

If you are looking for good beach destinations with good nightlife, Thailand is hard to beat.  Or, maybe Bali? 

Bali nightlife is bland nowadays.

No more Double Six, no more Gado-Gado, no more after hours at Skandal and/or Villa's.

Only KuDeTa and Potato Head beach clubs are throwing from time to time interesting themed parties ; but get ready to prepare your big buck$ to be able to compete with the Russian oligarchs.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...