Egg explosion

jobin

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

OP,

To avoid the mess of exploded egg goo when cooking an egg in a microwave, first line the inside of the microwave with aluminum foil.

T

...and avoid the burden of the yoke of shame! alt=biggrin.png>

Shell we give up on this and may I take my egress?

Egress if you must, my fried friend--and with well-earned dignity and grace. But I claim the coveted egghead crown.

T

OP,

To avoid the mess of exploded egg goo when cooking an egg in a microwave, first line the inside of the microwave with aluminum foil.

T

...and avoid the burden of the yoke of shame!biggrin.png

E-ggads, not another half-boiled self-proclaimed frothing eggspert! Air Marshal, we have a skirmish on our hands, QUICK, scramble the jets.

An egghead's work is never well-done!

T

en eouf of these poultry contributions, (said in a French accent) i'm going to chicken out ot this egschange before i crack up.

You're supposed to be outta here, but tell ya what: omelet this transgression slide.

T

If you want a super easy and quick way of cleaning the mess out the microwave, microwave a bar of soap in there.thumbsup.gif

That's just a lotta froth, I don't buy it.

Wait, we're on soap jokes now? But I'd lather have more egg yokes. [said in a Chinese accent]

T

Edited by Thakkar

Lets stop egging him on he will only foam at the mouth and burst his soapy bubble!

Seriously (yes seriously) i would love to see the outcome of a solid bar of carbolic soap egploding in a microwave oven. It would certainly clean out not only the microwave but the whole kitchen, or what was left of it.

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

If you want a super easy and quick way of cleaning the mess out the microwave, microwave a bar of soap in there.

Wait, we're on soap jokes now? But I'd lather have more egg yokes. [said in a Chinese accent]

T

I am just trying to canton plate a non soapy reponse, but i will in due course - numer 9 sir egghead

• Like 1

If you want a super easy and quick way of cleaning the mess out the microwave, microwave a bar of soap in there.

T

I am just trying to canton plate a non soapy reponse, but i will in due course - numer 9 sir egghead

I eggccept there may be eggsigent circumstances, but I thought Cantonese jokes were not on the menu, could I be Wong?

T

• Like 2

I cook 95% of my eggs in the microwave. There are a couple of ways to do it, all require removing the egg from the shell. If you want sunny side up, or over medium, lightly oil a bowl or dish thats not flat. Crack open and deposit egg(s) on plate, ''nuke'' for a minute on high. Any longer and it starts to pop. give it 10 seconds, and do again for a minute. Wait 10 seconds, do 30-60 seconds, depending on your microwave performance. At this point you flip the egg over if desired. Then 30 seconds, and done.

Scrambled even easier, in a bowl, lightly oiled, put eggs in for a minute on high, then stir around with a fork. Another minute, stir, finish with another 30-60 seconds, and done.

Omelets same, in a bowl, 1 minute, 10second wait, 1 minute cook, 10 seconds wait, 1 minute cook, leave for 10 seconds (continues to cook on its own). If center is still runny, you can use a Chinese spoon to flip it and do for another 30 seconds. Ive done hundreds of these with bacon, ground pork cooked already, onions, whatever, and finished the last 30 seconds with a slice of cheese on top. Clean up is easy and no frying pan to mess with.

doint the graveyard shift, duty tech in the ATC tower.

Batphone rings, with the ATC officer reporting a Fault.

I ready, and when heading for the stairs he comes running down, and takes me to the kitchen.

Bluddy officers are supposed to be the cream of the crop - well, this one creamed the microwave.

The usual microwave egg problem has completely lined the uwave's insides.

Get it cleaned up, and lecture him on eggs, and these ovens do not mix well with unshelled sealed eggs - tho' this one really did...

...mentioning the effect on the egg membrane, which needs to be able to breathe to minimise exlosion.

Later - another call, and it's back to the kitchen again. Silly bugga had taken me literally, and had pierced a small pin prick hole in the egg.

Result: A nice neat Saturns' ring of egg has created this little horizontal Great Wall of China inside the oven.

At least it saved me lecturing him on the theory of Jets (action and reaction), after his little demo of dumb and dumberness...