Many illegalities within our Management / committee

After doing some digging in the dirt I found out that:

1. At least one member of our committee is having his third term. This is illegal as there would have been other joint owners who had been elected and ready to become a member of the committee. The management just didn't care about the NEW THAILAND CONDOMINIUM ACT 2008

2. The board chairman (committee manager) has huge debits in unpaid maintenance fees. Regarding to the condominium act he could not have become Board Chairman. That's illegal as well.

3. Practically all members of the committee don't pay all maintenance fees they should pay, and they protect each other.

4. The management of our building has a title against several joint owners, one title of the sum of 22 Million baht (yes, just one title alone). The title was won 3 years ago. They just refuse to take action. They don't do anything on that. An execution officer was never involved. The debtor is very rich, has several condos in the building, yet no action against him...

In Western countries just point number four would bring the government into the game. The management deals under the table with the debitors...

How is the situation in Thailand?

Edited by zappalot

4. The management of our building has a title against several joint owners, one title of the sum of 22 Million baht (yes, just one title alone).

I'm surprised that one person could run up an unpaid common fee bill of 22MB in Thailand. It would take me nearly 2000 years to run up a bill that big in my unit!

If the Condo Act is not being obeyed then you can report it to the Land Office. Unfortunately what you have to remember is that there is a vast amount of corruption and greed in Thailand.

Three options, sell your unit and move out, or stop paying your maintenance fees

with a letter to all the committee' members telling them that unless they clean up

their act you also will not pay, third, threaten them to sue them for daric of duty

and negligence, particularly the Juristic person as he's the most liable person there...

• 2 weeks later...