Can converting motorbike "A1" european category to a motorbike Thai driving licence

Hello,

My country is recently passed to the new European Driving Licence, with the harmonized category ;

In their category, it have for the motorbike 3 category into the new category >>

A : Any motorcycle or motor tricycle not in category A1. Limited to 25 kW and 0.16 kW/kg for 2 years.

A1 : Motorcycles with a cylinder capacity not exceeding 125 cubic centimetres and a power not exceeding 11 kW; and motor tricycles with a power not exceeding 15 kW.

A2 : Motorcycles of a power not exceeding 35 kW and with a power/weight ratio not exceeding 0,2 kW/kg and not derived from a vehicle of more than double its power.

So, I own the category A1 with that, it allow me to drive a motorbike 125 cm, etc.. it's also mentionned into my International Driving Licence. ( A1 )

As Thailand have only one category, do you think that Thailand Transport Office, consider this category enough for equivalence to get a thai motorbike driving licence ?

Yes, should be enough. I have a US license in addition to Thai (so I know nothing about the European license), and US does not distinguish between cc's, with the exception of cc's below 100 which are classified as mopeds which is a separate license (though a full motorcycle license covers that too). If trying to obtain a Thai license just bring international license showing motorcycle endorsement to Land Transport office, and they will exempt you from riding test. As I recall still had to do a color test, and something else--so I don't think it exempts you completely.

Yes, should be enough. I have a US license in addition to Thai (so I know nothing about the European license), and US does not distinguish between cc's, with the exception of cc's below 100 which are classified as mopeds which is a separate license (though a full motorcycle license covers that too). If trying to obtain a Thai license just bring international license showing motorcycle endorsement to Land Transport office, and they will exempt you from riding test. As I recall still had to do a color test, and something else--so I don't think it exempts you completely.

The other tests are depth perception and reaction test

If trying to obtain a Thai license just bring international license showing motorcycle endorsement to Land Transport office, and they will exempt you from riding test. As I recall still had to do a color test, and something else--so I don't think it exempts you completely.

You'll have to sit through the hour plus video thing as well as colour/peripheral vision and reaction test. As long as the Euro license is current!

BTW There is no such thing as an "international" license only International Driving Permit (not needed for applying for a Thai license) which is basically a translation document, which Thailand also has.