Police to identify suspects behind M79 grenade attacks

Lite Beer

Police to identify suspects behind M79 grenade attacks
The Nation

Police will soon reveal the identities of at least six suspects believed to be involved in grenade-launcher attacks at several sites - including an assault on the People's Democratic Reform Committee (PDRC) rally at Rajdamri that killed two children and wounded many people.

Deputy Metropolitan Police chief Maj-General Amnuay Nimmano made the announcement at a press conference yesterday after revealing that a cache of war-grade weapons had been found at an apartment in Rat Burana in Bangkok.

The seizure included a rocket-propelled-grenade launcher, three RPG rounds, RDG smoke grenades, 15 fuses, an AK-47 assault riffle, 11 40mm bullets, a bullet-proof vest, 127 7.62mm bullets and 18 11mm bullets.

Deputy national police chief General Somyot Poompanmoung said officers found the weapons at a condominium belonging to Thanainant Termchitcharoen, who claimed he had rented out the room during the months-long PDRC anti-government campaign, and the tenant left the weapons and fled after the coup was staged.

Somyot said the weapons were in good condition, while Amnuay said they might be linked to political protests in 2010.

Somyot denied allegations that police presented weapons before the media that were found in earlier raids to give the impression they were seizing new ones. He said he would display the weapons that had been seized and kept at the Ordnance Department to refute the allegation.

Meanwhile, Narongsak "Tui" Plai-aram was arrested at an apartment in Nonthaburi's Muang district on Thursday. Narongsak, 31, was wanted for defying an order from the National Council for Peace and Order to report for questioning.

Somyot said Narongsak had confessed that he twice fired an M79 grenade into a PDRC rally - once at the Shinawatra 3 building on Vibhavadi Rangsit Road on March 7 and once on Sawankhalok Road in Dusit on March 29. The second attack injured one person.

He also admitted to firing the weapon at the National Anti-Corruption Commission office on March 27, Somyot said. Narongsak said he received the M79 grenade launcher at the Imperial Department Store's Lat Phrao branch from a person and was paid Bt3,000 to Bt4,000 for each attack.

He said he fired the weapon without intending to hurt anyone but to intimidate people and cause fear among protesters so they would end their rallies.

He said he was saddened by the clashes at Ratchamongala Stadium, and that prompted him to do what he did.

Amnuay said police had identified the person who gave the launcher to Narongsak and were seeking an arrest warrant.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/politics/Police-to-identify-suspects-behind-M79-grenade-att-30238324.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2014-07-12

• Like 2

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The net is closing in on the lot of them and the more they nab, then the more there are to spill their guts and name others.

Eventually they will move up the chain of command and hopefully have the UDD/PTP/CAPO in the dock for sponsoring it.

I will get some flak from the reds now smile.png

Wonder how many will claim this is all fake propaganda from the Junta?

They seem to think that the very same media who have been demanding press freedom and allowed to report facts are all too happy to help disseminate false propaganda for the aforementioned..... cheesy.gifcheesy.gif

" then the more there are to spill their guts and name others".... Up the chain.

Surprised Red Shirt apologist aren't out in force yet saying,"but, but Suthep" or the other "they are fake reds".nothing was going to be done whilst the Axis of evil, aka Chalerm, Tarit and Adul were pulling the strings.

• Like 2

I'm sure there will still be continual denials from the pro-Thaksin supporters, fake this, fake that, fake <deleted> everything when the truth doesn't suit their agendas. It only confirms what I already knew and most others already knew who weren't either brainwashed or paid to believe or do what they do.

What say you fab4 (or whatever moniker you are using now)? Is this another fake news story, with fake weapons? Or are you still convinced that all the attacks on the PDRC protestors were fake and self-inflicted?

• Like 1

I'm sure there will still be continual denials from the pro-Thaksin supporters, fake this, fake that, fake <deleted> everything when the truth doesn't suit their agendas. It only confirms what I already knew and most others already knew who weren't either brainwashed or paid to believe or do what they do.

What say you fab4 (or whatever moniker you are using now)? Is this another fake news story, with fake weapons? Or are you still convinced that all the attacks on the PDRC protestors were fake and self-inflicted?

It seems as if I've got a stalker. What have I done to upset you, tatsujin, did I question one of your posts and prove you wrong?

So ignoring your pointless and unnecessary personal attack please provide any one of my posts which says that I am "still convinced that all the attacks on the PDRC protestors were fake and self-inflicted?"

You won't, so just wind your neck in.

• Like 1

"He also admitted to firing the weapon at the National Anti-Corruption Commission office on March 27, Somyot said. Narongsak said he received the M79 grenade launcher at the Imperial Department Store's Lat Phrao branch from a person and was paid Bt3,000 to Bt4,000 for each attack.

He said he fired the weapon without intending to hurt anyone but to intimidate people and cause fear among protesters so they would end their rallies.

He said he was saddened by the clashes at Ratchamongala Stadium, and that prompted him to do what he did."

So he did it for the 3000 Baht or because he was saddened?

It seems as if I've got a stalker. What have I done to upset you, tatsujin, did I question one of your posts and prove you wrong?

So ignoring your pointless and unnecessary personal attack please provide any one of my posts which says that I am "still convinced that all the attacks on the PDRC protestors were fake and self-inflicted?"

Well, you might have forgotten all the propaganda and lies you've posted so far in defense of the terrorist red shirts and Thaksin, but I haven't and neither have a great deal many here.

Your support of the pro-Thaksin terrorists is well known and talked about here and I wouldn't have to look back far in your posting history to find examples of you claiming the attacks were all the fault of Suthep and the PDRC.

And no, you've not upset me, I also don't think you've proven anyone wrong so far in any of your postings . . . it's the other way around actually.

So, just for once fab4, could you answer a direct question(s):

1. Do you still support Thaksin and the red shirts?

2. Do you still believe they are the innocent "side" in all of this?

3. Do you still believe that the attacks over the last decade were NOT sponsored/arranged/organized/instigated by Thaksin?

So . . . a simple "yes" or "no" answer to those 3 questions would be appreciated.

As my old man used to say, "all mouth and trousers". If you can't back up your accusations don't make them.

Edited by fab4

Then do you agree that the government did not do its best to catch those people and thus supporting terrorism ?

Or was the government incompetent ?

Other explanation for their inability to catch and expose this and the Trad massacre as done by reds ?

I pre-empt the reply to be,

"As my old man used to say, "all mouth and trousers". If you can't back up your accusations don't make them"

Why? Because you speak the truth.

Now that Chalerm, Tarit and Adul out of the way we are seeing that the police can actually accomplish something.

All they needed it would seem is the right boss and possibly a little "You could be next" incentive.

More to the point many incompetent senior officers who got their jobs through nepotism or who they knew are being rooted out, junior ranks now have to do the job they are paid to do, to ensure this it is evident that many police operations are being overseen by the military.

• Like 1

As my old man used to say, "all mouth and trousers". If you can't back up your accusations don't make them.

Nothing for me to back up, it's all there in your posting history.

And once again, you refuse to (ever) answer direct questions.

Come on man, just for once, answer a question posed to you ... it's a forum after all.

If it's in my posting history you can quite easily prove that I am "still convinced that all the attacks on the PDRC protestors were fake and self-inflicted", couldn't you? Now the only problem for you is - I have never said that. So no matter what distractions you try and make by demanding answers to unrelated questions there is no covering up the fact that you're lying.

I've already given you a question, so how about you " just for once, answer a question posed to you ... it's a forum after all? "

Edited by fab4

It's not a matter of stalking. Fab4 has upset many TV posters over long months by constantly posting deceptions and half truths while consistently defending the indefensible Thaksin regime. Now that the corruption of Yingluck and the UDD is increasingly apparent, he prefers silence to any acknowledgment of his errors.

Oh look, tatsujins got a friend. OK how about you show me examples of my constant deceptions and half truths - tatsujin's not up to the task. You really need to understand that a forum is a medium for allowing debate. Now debate occurs when, typically, opposing viewpoints are discussed. Debate is not flaming other members or labelling any "opposing" views as propaganda, deception or half truths without providing backup for those statements. That is just opinion, and uninformed opinion at that.

Basically your idea of debate is more suited to the playground. There is an unfortunate tendency on this forum, especially now that true debate is one sided and self censored for obvious reasons, to think that might is right. The more people spout off and give each other virtual pats on the back, the more they think they are right. You, unfortunately are just one of many of that ilk, if you're upset by my posts, don't read or reply to them - there is an ignore button.

• Like 2