DTAC Absurd Midnight Promotion Renewals

JimShortz

Be warned.... If you have DTAC with a pre-paid promotion you will get a monthly renewal text message at midnight to inform you that the renewal has occurred. Bloody annoying! I have had to set my phone in Do Not Disturb mode during the wee hours to prevent the sms waking me once a month. This really should not be necessary.

I love the deal. For 206 Baht a month I get 100 minutes of free calls and 500 mb of 3G data (that switches to Edge if it runs out, not start charging at 1 Baht per mb like most competitor offerings) + sms only 1 Baht each, BUT monthly midnight sms messages are ridiculous. I called their helpline and spoke to a very helpful young man who said he will pass my complaint to management, but unfortunately cannot change the time - apparently they do this to all of their customers... Unbelievable!!!

You can block the number from which they send the sms.

Thanks for that. It's strange that they show as a name, not a number, but I have gone and blocked the caller Happy, that sends the sms. I hope that will do it.

Anyway, while I am enjoying a good moan...

After I called their customer service line yesterday (1678) to unsuccessfully try to get the sms time changed I received from DTAC a series of 3 sms messages a few minutes apart from each other - one to asking me to rate the service, a second asking for reasons, and a third thanking for feedback. Previously I had called to ask them to turn off sending me spammy promotion sms messages,which they duly did, and then followed it with the 3 same sms messages as above.

Unfortunately all 6 messages come from different numbers, all beginning 1678. These I can therefore not block - the buggers use a different number every time... Gits!!!