Few Pages In My Passport :-(

I'm off to PP next thursday and am a little worried about the lack of space in my passport for stamps..

At the front of my passport I've got a whole page which is untouched - someone in immigration thought it best to start on the next page :o

Throughout the rest of my passport there is 6 clear spaces which would fit a single stamp

My question is, would Cambodian officials use the first page - not caring for continuity or would the pack me back onto the next plane??

Also, if it's possible for me to remove my past full page Cambodian visas(leaving slightly tatty pages) would Thai immigration or their Cambodian counterparts have issues?

One more thing, if I need to get a new passport, how long will tha tprocess take?

Thanks in advance

OK, I've just read the british consulates website regarding new passports so that's clear now, all I need is YOUR experiences of getting a new passport: Has it really taken 10 days.. or less?

Will me blank front page be enough OR accepted?

Thanks again

Also, if it's possible for me to remove my past full page Cambodian visas(leaving slightly tatty pages) would Thai immigration or their Cambodian counterparts have issues?

They will definitely have issues, I imagine that it can get you into a lot of trouble. Get a new passport!

I stupidly went to Bali without a full blank page, thinking that they still used little quarter page stamps. I was detained for half an hour while they made various offers to 'help me' (in exchange for money). Not fun.

Eventually they gave up and stuck the visa over an old page and let me through. Unfortunately they stuck it over some of the Thai immigration stamps. So my Thai visa was declared to have expired on my return! They gave me a tourist visa but since I work here I had to take a trip to Singapore and apply for a new non-immigrant...

Don't try your luck with Cambodian immigration !

i just received my new passport (british) from the british embassy in bangkok, about 11 days ago.

i printed the c1 form off of the website,filled it in,with the address of where i wanted it posted back to (the north),2 photos,the fee= 91 qwid (by postal order,including the 50 baht ems postage fee,on top,of the pp fee),my old passport,sent to the brit embassy.

they have new electronic british passports now,so the processing time takes a bit longer (at the moment).

i got mine back after 15 days,on the day my 30 day visa expired (a lucky boy).

i phoned the embassy & they told me my passport was ready for collection,but i just got them to post it to me & it arrived the following day in the afternoon.

they advice you to give a months time.

i was given my very last 30 day stamps in my old passport,with 3/4 of a page left on the last page.

as far as getting the new 30 day visa in my new passport i just took my old & new passports to the border post,& the thai immigration guy got a large stamp out & stamped my first page,which took up 3/4 of a page & then he filled in my details,& then he gave me the regular 30 day stamps.no questions asked,so i presume its standard practice.

ps maybe photo copy the relevant side of your pp before sending it in.

I've left it a bit late unfortunately, I fly next thursday so not even a full working week, although, I do actually have a whole page at the front of my passport, do you?? Did someone miss your first page? Is this standard proceedure?

Do not pull any old visa off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If not enough space they,the Cambodians, will not issue a visa to you.

The Thai's do not like it either!!!!!

The first page should not be a problem,all you need is 1 free page for the visa and another for the entry and exitstamp of Cambodia.

Of course some space for the Thai entry stamp is required as well.

visarunner, thanks for the advice - I would never have ripped off a past cambodian visa really, I was just scratching my head or brainstorming I suppose :D

lopburi3, the front page of my passport is completely free of anything, the very first page of my pp has print on it, the 2nd has a spare page for dhildren/enfants additions, the 3rd & 4th pages have more print but the 5th page is completely blank and really should have been used up first, the thing I'm worried about is fussy immigration officials who think they want to be proper and continue my pp in date order which is not possible, so in fact, I have plenty of room so long as they don't get all funny with me right?

Phil Conners, exactly! :o

Thanks for the confidence booster lopburi3, I always seem to leave things to the last minute, same a few years ago when I was arriving with no visa and no return flight - I was filling my undies at the thought of having to get on the next flight home, especially as my wife was to to give birth the next day!!

No more posts please anybody, my confidence is high ok!!

Nikkijah ..its al here ... i got a single ticket and no visa ..yet. I was going to get one before hand...i take it you suggest i do this ??

My passport is about half full.

Im away for 2 years doing loads of countries do you think i should maybe get a new passport ?? or sort it out at an embassy when needed ?

ta :o

Actually Al, buy a ticket to Phnom Penh for Thursday the 5th or Friday the 6th of october, this should nearly coincide with the end of your tourist visa and the next time I'll have to renew mine ;-) Party time HAHAHA, you can do this just before you arrive here though, give me time to confirm that I'll be going there and not Penang :-(