Naton Fishing Fleet

If you mean the longtail boats, they're probably been sheltering elsewhere because of the very low levels of water during this time. This time of the year, as you can see, the shores around Nathon are mostly dry a few hundreds meter out.

They'll be back in a few months when the water is higher.

When I was walking yesterday, I noticed that the fishing village shacks near Raja ferry port has all disappeared.

post-17753-0-08016200-1405216193_thumb.j post-17753-0-83663200-1405216197_thumb.j

post-17753-0-31222700-1405216203_thumb.j

There used to be lots of shacks here and very thriving community. They spoke Southern-Thai dialect and not Malay.

post-17753-0-42852600-1405216207_thumb.j

On the other side near the new navy marina.

Edited by Mole

If you mean the longtail boats, they're probably been sheltering elsewhere because of the very low levels of water during this time. This time of the year, as you can see, the shores around Nathon are mostly dry a few hundreds meter out.

When I was walking yesterday, I noticed that the fishing village shacks near Raja ferry port has all disappeared.

attachicon.gif1405121364147.jpg attachicon.gif1405121560318.jpg

attachicon.gifdeserted.jpg

There used to be lots of shacks here and very thriving community. They spoke Southern-Thai dialect and not Malay.

attachicon.gifnearnavy.jpg

Yes i notice this also. It looks as though they have been told to get out as only rubbish remains.

Fishing?

Everything at Naton wharf has been packed up, don't think that they are just out fishing as there is usually one or two big boats hanging around. I thought that maybe they have a habit of moving to different fishing areas at this time of the year. Any how, no one seems to know ! whistling.gif

and the storms are coming from the West

At the Lipa Noi Beach left the last stretch was always inaccessible Navy property. Just before that there was a sea gipsy community.