Assault prompts investigation into Pattaya Village Chief

webfact

Assault prompts investigation into Pattaya Village Chief

chief-1.jpg

PATTAYA: -- The Chief of a Village in the Northern outskirts of Pattaya is currently under investigation following allegations he may have ordered the beating of a man who is alleged to have caused a disturbance close to his house.

Khun Wirasak aged 38 sustained facial injuries following the assault in the early hours of Sunday. He accompanied his wife, Khun Pitmat aged 36, to Banglamung Police Station where a complaint was filed against Khun Manot.

The pair claim that he ordered the assault which involved around 10 men who set-upon Khun Wirasak. The pair had gone to Khun Wirasak’s Sisters house in Banglamung with 5 other friends and claim that a group of youths on motorbikes drove past and were driving modified motorbikes which caused excessive noise.

Words were exchanged between Khun Wirasak and the gang who left without incident. The Village Chief, who lives nearby, arrived and accused Khun Wirasak of acting in an anti-social manner, despite claims from him that he only told the motorbike gang to be respectful to the residents and not drive their loud motorbikes in the area at a time when most residents would be asleep.

Full story: http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/134849/assault-prompts-investigation-into-pattaya-village-chief/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2014-07-14

the kamnan and puyai bahn system in thailand is something from the 1700's.........keep the surfs under control.............while the police sleepcoffee1.gif

Funny you would say that. What came to mind was Nucky Thompson. That was the freewheeling days of the early 30's, during the great depression, and he wielded his power like this village chief, in the show Boardwalk Empire. His character was based on the real mayor at that time. I am sure there are some village chiefs that are decent guys, just looking out for their village. But, it is apparent this particular guy was bought and paid for by the biker gang. Maybe his son was a member? I think he woke up that morning thinking he was Genghis Khan. Or Vladimir Putin. Let me put down anyone who gets in my way. Rather thrilled he got arrested. But, this leads me to my normal question at this juncture. What are the chances he encounters a prosecutor and judiciary that is not fully compromised? There is a reason why so few people with money serve any actual time here. And it is precisely those two levels of (non) justice that are the most compromised here in the LOS.

That the kind of Village Chief I like to see where I live.

Perhaps, only until he takes offense over something you have done or not done. Then the rabid pack will set upon you.
  • Like 1