Home Depot in CM?

jobin

I saw a big home improvement type shop while i was on the bus to Hang Dong. Near the Chiang Mai gate, down the road a piece. But it;'s a long long bike ride from my location.

Any such big Western DIY shops near Chang Puek Gate? Or any other place in/around CM?

very good hardware store at IKON computer plaza. Ground level, just east of the 7-11. Very good on electrical....some plumbing....no lumber. I had a custom phone line made next door, upstair, and was charged 20 thb....nice to thin out the nest of wires associated with computers. Also, there is a place up Suthep, about 150 yards past Canal Rd., that has some really cheap tools and batteries and stuff like shower curtains, clothes racks. Back down Suthep, between canal and Nimman, across from the public health center...great family hw store...good paint 140 thb for about a gallon. Very cheap on outlets, switches....the daughter is fluent in English and most helpful to farang....mom and pop can get it done, but you gotta be patient. An old part or picture is worth a thousand words that they don't understand.

Home Depot. Global House. Have I missed a large chain? There are a number of such large places in the Chiang Mai area. And there are still many wonderful old shops which have not yet been put out of business by the huge chains. Often they can be more helpful.

There is a terrific shop on the north side of the moat near Chang Puac Gate (but terrible parking in the area). What's it called? "Amazing Screw" ? "Magic Bolt and Nuts"? "Lotsa Screws'? Someone help me out, please!

Edited by Mapguy
  • Like 1

I think Chiang Mai has more DIY superstores than coffee shops. And there's another one opening soon on superhighway, just south of Isuzu dealer, a couple of km south of Makro.

MG you mean Nana Screw....

Edited by MESmith

Home pro are opening a massive new one on the outer ring road 121 ,near where it meets the 1001 Sansai road .Also North of that about 3 km is Home Mall also on the 121.Just two of many .

Home pro are opening a massive new one on the outer ring road 121 ,near where it meets the 1001 Sansai road .Also North of that about 3 km is Home Mall also on the 121.Just two of many .

Nobody mentioned HomeMart... great place.

Two of the biggest locations are on opposite sides of the Super between the San Dek intersection and the river.