Hire boat rip off

seajae

thats what I told my wife, the boat they used last time was paid after the drop off, this one demaded the money or he was leaving so it put her in a spot. Unfortunately I didnt go this time or I would have sorted it out plus I know how to key in co-ordinates. I really get the feeling that the skipper was just after some quick money and had no intention of ever going where they wanted, it was well over US$1,000 too so it wasnt a cheap excercise.

Edited by seajae

"Wife had to hire a speed boat for yesterday to take some of her companies clients out to the ship that was being loaded in the gulf. She phoned a hire service and made sure that the boat had a GPS to find the co-ordinates to the ship and was told yes it was all ok."

Big loss of face for your wife. I'm sorry to hear this happened.

She should have vetted her skippers more carefully than making only a simple phone call. I've also been asked to source suppliers/providers for companies I've worked for and had them fail to deliver. There was no way out for me other than to lose face.

As you say it would have been better had you been there to key in the coordinates.

"Wife had to hire a speed boat for yesterday to take some of her companies clients out to the ship that was being loaded in the gulf. She phoned a hire service and made sure that the boat had a GPS to find the co-ordinates to the ship and was told yes it was all ok."

Big loss of face for your wife. I'm sorry to hear this happened.

She should have vetted her skippers more carefully than making only a simple phone call. I've also been asked to source suppliers/providers for companies I've worked for and had them fail to deliver. There was no way out for me other than to lose face.

As you say it would have been better had you been there to key in the coordinates.

"Big loss of face for your wife. I'm sorry to hear this happened."

So far is big loss of 1000 dollars and maybe of her clients also

*As you say it would have been better had you been there to key in the coordinates."

Come on, from the begining that was just a scam.

Either the skipper know how to use the gps, either it was just a SCAM!

Did you expect the skipper to found the other ship with a binocular, or follow Flipper the dolphin ? Dont you know the ocean is huge...

dolphin%20flipper.jpg

A number of posts and replies removed.

7) Respect fellow members by posting in a civil manner: do not launch personal attacks, or be hateful or insulting towards other members, ie No flaming

• Like 1