TPC maps out plan to sell more Thailand Elite Cards

webfact

TPC maps out plan to sell more Elite Cards
SUCHAT SRITAMA
THE NATION

BANGKOK: -- THAILAND PRIVILEGE CARD (TPC), back from the brink of extinction, has given itself a road map to try to make its Thailand Elite Card a viable business proposition by attracting more high-society members from around the world.

At least seven key plans have been drafted - mainly to rebuild its damaged image, restore business and clean up internal management - so that it can pursue main targets such as the elite, celebrities, VIPs and leaders from around the world.

The company had to freeze its marketing activities for five years from 2009 to last September because of huge losses and the political crisis.

However, all card members have enjoyed full privileges and services at airports and vendor partners ever since the company was established by the government in 2003.

President Apisit Chuenchompoo said yesterday that TPC has appointed 20 company sales agents and 10 individual representatives to boost business. The new teams have succeeded in selling 42 cards since last October.

Their target groups are expatriates, tourists, long-stayers, educators, medical and healthcare professionals, "lifestyle travellers", business travellers and celebrities. Apisit took the top management job last October for a four-year term.

To enhance internal management, the company is installing a new information-technology system at a cost of Bt20 million. It is also giving intensive training to 105 staff and "Elite Personal Assistants" working at airports.

It has appointed or reappointed about 500 vendors - mostly hotels, restaurants, golf clubs, spas, hospitals and educational institutions throughout the country - to provide services to members.

Beside the lifetime membership and the Bt2-million, 20-year membership, the company has designed two more products to capture specific niche markets.

The Property Card charges a membership fee of Bt1 million, half of the individual membership fee. Once members are approved, they can buy a condominium in Thailand.

Thailand Easy Access was created to attract first-time or trial members who may travel to Thailand often. With a low fee of Bt500,000, members will not receive services at airports.

The company increased the sales commission for agents from 5 per cent per deal to 11-15 per cent. Rebuilding the confidence of foreigners is the first priority. Roadshows have already been held in Myanmar, Cambodia, South Korea, China, Vietnam and Dubai and will soon proceed to Japan.

TPC recently signed an agreement with MJets, a private aviation service providing world-class business and leisure charter flights connecting virtually all of Asia and adjoining regions.

MJets will offer private jet service with special discounts for TPC members.

MJets claims to have a diverse and growing fleet of aircraft in compliance with the highest global business aviation standards, along with a range of cabin configurations and amenities tailored to ensure maximum comfort and convenience, reliable flight performance and safety.

It says its fleet can meet all business and personal requirements its customers expect from private jet travel, regardless of travel purpose, route or destination.

According to current TPC deals, a new 20-year membership costs Bt2 million. Annual dues are Bt200,000. That comes with a five-year multiple-entry visa for unlimited passage in and out of Thailand as well as a one-year stay privilege.

Elite Personal Assistants are on standby to serve members at airports in Bangkok, Phuket, Samui and Chiang Mai, and a call centre is available around the clock for member assistance. Privileges include the free use of five-star golf courses and spas for 24 times per calendar year.

Applicants need to show any non-Thai passport and must not be considered banished by any legal system.

There are 2,570 members from 45 countries around the world, of whom half are from China, South Korea, Japan and India.

Because of limited cash flow of only Bt35 million at the company, the sales target set for October 2013 to September 2014 has been scaled down from 1,300 to only 100 cards.

However, Apisit believes in an increase of 400 members in 2015 and 500 deals in 2016.

If the company achieves the target, it will continue with its Bt500-million re-branding project. One of the main ideas is to rename the brand from "Thailand Elite" to "Thailand Privilege" to show that it is the first national privilege card in the world with the best services.

The firm may also work with many vendors to create co-brands for products and services such as spas, massage centres and restaurants so it can promote them overseas more easily.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/business/TPC-maps-out-plan-to-sell-more-Elite-Cards-30238684.html

[thenation]2014-07-17[/thenation]

So 42 people have forked out 2 million baht to buy a card.  So what do they actually get, 5% discount on purchases?  Seems like a total waste of money to me but there is an idiot born everyday.

its all starting to get clear now..

AND

The Property Card charges a membership fee of Bt1 million, half of the individual membership fee. Once members are approved, they can buy a condominium in Thailand.

YOU CAN ANYWAY???cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

For now.

With the way things are going, I would not be surprised at all if the Junta pulls the plug on that law as well and takes all condos away from foreigner holders. They can do it with a stroke of a pen and not give a crap about the loss of others. A military dictatorship is exactly that, they make the rules and that is that.

• Like 2

I think we can also expect non imm O to be next.

Started already, I made a post yesterday about how the over 50 NON O retirement visa has been changed ...its now a Non O BUT with NON O-A requirements of all that police medical stuff

Apology's for going off topic

here is the email:

the criteria for applying has changed since last year..

being aged between 50 and 64 to qualify for the non-immigrant 'O' visa you must meet and provide the following...

1) have a regular income of over £1400 a month or a lump sum of £20,000.00 in a current account (not a savings account) previous 3 months bank statements will need to be submitted
2) a police clearance showing no convictions, cautions past or present
3) a medical certificate confirming you have no infectious diseases

please note we can no longer accept postal applications, you would need to contact this consulate to book an appointment for the visa

Regards
RTC Cardiff
Edited by terryp

This Elite card is an old, perpetuating cow, that different people at different times keep trying to bring it back

to life and keep milking it, milk they try but nothing comes out of those dried out udders....

time to put that cow to pastures and come up with a new idea and not a regurgitated one, ( no pun

intended)

• Like 1

AND

For now.

With the way things are going, I would not be surprised at all if the Junta pulls the plug on that law as well and takes all condos away from foreigner holders. They can do it with a stroke of a pen and not give a crap about the loss of others. A military dictatorship is exactly that, they make the rules and that is that.

Wow, off the reservation, much.  Or is it just sour grapes that the junta are actually fixing so many of Thailand's problems.

This looks like a Ponzi sort of scheme where new memberships are used to fund cash flow to recruit no memberships. They are trying to recruit 100 new memberships because they don't have the cash flow yet they have brought on 20 new agents and ten individual reps plus they already have 105 airport staff and trying to fund training them. If you do the math, you quickly see this as a Ponzi pyramid scheme. It's Thai marketecture. No backend just front outbound puff and bluster. Who in their right mind in top income/wealth levels would throw money at a Thai elite card?

• Like 1

In response to post by terryp, I was at Chiang Mai Immigration yesterday to renew my retirement visa.  No police check report nor medical certificate was required.  Just the usual --  bank verification of 800,000 baht, copies of everything, including lease agreement.

No change yet...although it  wouldn't be a surprise if changes to Non-O-retirement in near future.

AND

For now.

Perhaps "they" should pull the plug and eliminate doomsday, soothsayers from posting comments that foretell the future and have no basis in recent Thai history.

And that, may not be that, since I can't foretell the future either.
  • Like 1

The new four year management contract for this guy is called in to question. First of all, if he's got an "elite" card for sale, he shouldn't be allowing a blatant thrashing type news story to appear in a Thai rag like this. The mere presence of this type of news item renders the card run of the mill and false. So the management should be called in to question.

So 42 people have forked out 2 million baht to buy a card.  So what do they actually get, 5% discount on purchases?  Seems like a total waste of money to me but there is an idiot born everyday.

Chooka, unlike you & me, the very rich can't afford to spend their valuable time filling in forms every 90 days and re-applying for their Non "O" once a year.  It is also very exclusive & rich people like that.  I was talking to one the other day and he doesn't have to do any of that stuff.

• Like 1

They must be dreaming if they think that they will make more money from selling the "Elite" card than having 100.000’s foreigners living here that spends allot of money without really creating any serious problems for the country. (Prostitution, drugs, graft etc. is mostly run by the Thais themselves)

Only a fool would trust the Immigration department and the ones in power after what is happening right now with the other visa classes?

Chooka, unlike you & me, the very rich can't afford to spend their valuable time filling in forms every 90 days and re-applying for their Non "O" once a year.  It is also very exclusive & rich people like that.  I was talking to one the other day and he doesn't have to do any of that stuff.

so you are saying NO 90 day reports and NO renewing visa?  that will be attractive to some to be fair?

I think we can also expect non imm O to be next.

Started already, I made a post yesterday about how the over 50 NON O retirement visa has been changed ...its now a Non O BUT with NON O-A requirements of all that police medical stuff

Apology's for going off topic

here is the email:

the criteria for applying has changed since last year..

being aged between 50 and 64 to qualify for the non-immigrant 'O' visa you must meet and provide the following...

1) have a regular income of over £1400 a month or a lump sum of £20,000.00 in a current account (not a savings account) previous 3 months bank statements will need to be submitted
2) a police clearance showing no convictions, cautions past or present
3) a medical certificate confirming you have no infectious diseases

please note we can no longer accept postal applications, you would need to contact this consulate to book an appointment for the visa

Regards
RTC Cardiff

This is true for the ones that are 50-65 years,    Pensioners-65 and over need only to show the last 3 bank statements that the pension is shown.

Hull consulate UK.  BUT cannot issue on the same day as before--they are now processed in London and returned to Hull, 1 working week needed.

Can anyone clarify what the LOW fee of 500,000 baht does give,   5 years ?? less perks ???   but no visa runs, no yearly trips to obtain ( O visa)example.

5 year tickets to Europe---250,000 baht,    expenses 50,000 baht.   = 300,000 baht.

3 visa runs a year X 5  =15 runs + visa (laos)  100,000 baht icl expenses/time. 

total  400,000.       say 100,000 extra for hassle free + any other perks given not known about.

In response to post by terryp, I was at Chiang Mai Immigration yesterday to renew my retirement visa.  No police check report nor medical certificate was required.  Just the usual --  bank verification of 800,000 baht, copies of everything, including lease agreement.

No change yet...although it  wouldn't be a surprise if changes to Non-O-retirement in near future.

He was talking about applying in Cardiff. Same requirements in Sydney 2 years ago. There is more paperwork to get a retirement visa from Thai consulates overseas. Inside Thailand ie Immigration Office, they don't need a Police report as can check on-line, and probably know a Thai Medical report doesn't mean much.

I don't think the rules here will change unless they catch people on retirement visas working or running businesses in Thailand, ie no work permit.

It sounds like a timeshare pitch. Join today for just 2 million baht with 200,000 baht a year "annual fees" (annual fees for what?) and you get to use a private jet when ever you want!! Oh and a 5 year visa if you sign today...  I just wonder what sort of mental case would pay 2 million baht for a visa privilege for a country under martial law? 

President Apisit Chuenchompoo said yesterday that TPC has appointed 20 company sales agents and 10 individual representatives to boost business. The new teams have succeeded in selling 42 cards since last October.

Because of limited cash flow of only Bt35 million at the company, the sales target set for October 2013 to September 2014 has been scaled down from 1,300 to only 100 cards.

They set a goal to sell 1,300 cards in one year yet in the previous 10 years they've only managed to sell 2,570 ! Not to mention that they haven't even hit 50% of their amended goal and there's less than 2 1/2 months to go. Not to mention their "new" goal is barely 7 1/2% of their original goal !

WTF ? They want 1 million baht to let you do something that you can already do without having to pay 1 million baht ?!?!?

Annual dues are Bt200,000

People miss that part (often). In addition to the 2 mil upfront cost for the 20 year card with the 5 year "visa", you have to pay an additional 200k/year. Put it another way, over the course of the 5 year visa, you'll pay an additional 1 million baht.

Because of limited cash flow of only Bt35 million at the company  

Let's see, 2,570 members. Annual dues of 200,000 baht. 2,570 x 200,000 = 514,000,000 baht.

Methinks a good number of those 2,570 members are not paying their dues ! In fact, 35 mil in cash flow would indicate that only about 175 people are paying their dues (unless TPC has other sources of revenue, in which case it would mean even fewer people are paying dues).

(Subtract 20 million baht for the new "Information-technology system" and the "intensive training" to the 105 staff !)

Makes me kind of glad I didn't splurge on a card way back when !

It sounds like a timeshare pitch. Join today for just 2 million baht with 200,000 baht a year "annual fees" (annual fees for what?) and you get to use a private jet when ever you want!! Oh and a 5 year visa if you sign today...  I just wonder what sort of mental case would pay 2 million baht for a visa privilege for a country under martial law? 

Did you really have to bring up the martial law bit----no need.   only causes problems and stirs trouble, topic elite card.

Can anyone clarify what the LOW fee of 500,000 baht does give,   5 years ?? less perks ???   but no visa runs, no yearly trips to obtain ( O visa)example.

5 year tickets to Europe---250,000 baht,    expenses 50,000 baht.   = 300,000 baht.

3 visa runs a year X 5  =15 runs + visa (laos)  100,000 baht icl expenses/time. 

total  400,000.       say 100,000 extra for hassle free + any other perks given not known about.

I made a phone call to the  "elite" office.

500,000  Thai elite easy access package.

5 year membership,

24 times, limo airport service. International trips.

shopping +a.n. other outlets. Discounts.

BUT you still have to report to immigration to verify your address every 3 months.

Card issued, within a few days, transfer from a Thai bank money can then have immediate effect, OR 4 days UK bank example.