TPC maps out plan to sell more Thailand Elite Cards

webfact

With the visa runs crackdown going on, it is a very convenient time to advertise the elite card :)

Thailand Elite is the best option to stay in Thailand (me being a member since 10 years).

:)

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand
  • Like 2

Spending way too much time on the threads discussing the border run clampdown has convinced me there is a much bigger demographic TPC should target - the 'seasonal tourist'.

In addition to people escaping colder climes, there are many working on rota, who on average spend 6 months in country. Catering to these folk as well would make sense?

How about TPC offers a 'six month per year' visa, where your days in country are counted and you cannot extend beyond 180 days in any 12 month period? Upon re-entry you would not be stamped in 180 days, but the remainder of your annual limit.

Bit of extra admin, no doubt but at least you will give your staff something to do. Spend 20 million on an app your border staff can use to verify card holders and confirm their balance of days... Wait, that would only be about 2 million...

People could then plan their vacations to suit themselves, and not worry about the lottery system the consulates and border staff seem to play with rules.

Who out there would pay, say 300k for a 5 year seasonal visa?

No "Hi-So" krap that they are obsessed with, but a truly flexible way to spend time here - no extensions, no 90 days reporting..

More than 42 people would, I bet - perhaps 1,000 more...

There is already a separate thread running about the Thailand Elite Easy Access card.

Some (probably those who can't afford it), dismiss it as a scam.  Yet even though the original Elite card organization had a chequered history, the long-stay visa benefits were never taken away from card holders.

Now the new option for a 500,000 baht card which provides a 5-year visa might not be of interest to many, but it is certainly a viable, longstay visa solution for the affluent under 50's who abound on this forum. 

No matter what you say Simon, the non-believer brigade will stick to their guns. At least it makes this topic rather amusing after reading all those cynical remarks clap2.gif

With the visa runs crackdown going on, it is a very convenient time to advertise the elite card smile.png

Thailand Elite is the best option to stay in Thailand (me being a member since 10 years).

smile.png

I purchased this card in its early days when I was much too young for a retirement visa and did not qualify for any other sort of visa because I was not married or needed to work here. Over the nine years i have used this card I have used their immigration service about 50 times without any hassle. Add to that the limo service for each of those visits and the yearly expensive full medical exam at Bumrangrad Hospital in Bangkok, and the cost of the card is worth it.

If you are relatively young ( as I was ) when you get this card and you intend to continue coming to Thailand  for years or decades ahead, then the cost per year diminishes.

When the government looked at closing the card down, they surveyed the present cardholders for their response. The response was that the government would be collectively sued for breach of contract. This was accepted as being too expensive to proceed with by the government and thus they had to adapt the scheme.

I went through all the usual what if questions about this scheme and I am not a wealthy man, but as I intended to come to this country for a further 2-3 decades, I decided that the one off cost that I paid would diminish quickly as the years went by and that is exactly what has happened.

A lot of people are negative about this card, but in its early form where it required a once only payment, this has been a good investment.

Not that desperate to stay here thank you. Can afford it but have no intention unless it allows work and in sectors that are currently banned.

Timing of this news item I must say is rather mercenary and typical.

They want to mess around with the retirement visa  next crack on and see people vote with their feet. Thailand is becoming more and more expensive to live every year and retirees are a savvy bunch.

Im sure some will be scared into the thing but most will stick two fingers up and find another place to chill out.

I could say something about under whos watch this is being peddled whilst the tourist visa is being butchered and its certainly with a blessing but you already know whos in the driving seat. If this is the price to pay for a better Thailand so be it  everyone will be only too glad to stump up and whatever rules they set or new hoops you have to jump through youll say how high boss right ? 

Wonder if  they will ramp up the other visa fees to compensate for the lost "tourists" i will laugh till i cry 

Edited by englishoak

Can anyone clarify what the LOW fee of 500,000 baht does give,   5 years ?? less perks ???   but no visa runs, no yearly trips to obtain ( O visa)example.

5 year tickets to Europe---250,000 baht,    expenses 50,000 baht.   = 300,000 baht.

3 visa runs a year X 5  =15 runs + visa (laos)  100,000 baht icl expenses/time. 

total  400,000.       say 100,000 extra for hassle free + any other perks given not known about.

ginjag -- your hypothesis, is based on the fact that nothing will change on the short term Visa front---that you can just trip across to Lao / Cambodia & do a U turn in 5 years time with not a care in the world.

& all that for the saving of less then 20K baht a year 384 baht a week---& that is if prices do not increase at all in 5 years----good luck with that.--Not exactly the most forward thinking person are you.

Have a look at the post below from a person that has had a EC........ Some people, especially if they are or have been business orientated Try to plan ahead., its called being proactive

..or to put it another way.

Some people try to plan ahead about what is going to happen

Some People watch while things happen

& Some people say What the F**ck happened

-------------------------------from TV post----------------------------------------------

If you are relatively young ( as I was ) when you get this card and you intend to continue coming to Thailand  for years or decades ahead, then the cost per year diminishes.

When the government looked at closing the card down, they surveyed the present cardholders for their response. The response was that the government would be collectively sued for breach of contract. This was accepted as being too expensive to proceed with by the government and thus they had to adapt the scheme.

I went through all the usual what if questions about this scheme and I am not a wealthy man, but as I intended to come to this country for a further 2-3 decades, I decided that the one off cost that I paid would diminish quickly as the years went by and that is exactly what has happened.

A lot of people are negative about this card, but in its early form where it required a once only payment, this has been a good investment.

Can anyone clarify what the LOW fee of 500,000 baht does give,   5 years ?? less perks ???   but no visa runs, no yearly trips to obtain ( O visa)example.

5 year tickets to Europe---250,000 baht,    expenses 50,000 baht.   = 300,000 baht.
total  400,000.       say 100,000 extra for hassle free + any other perks given not known about.

Why would anyone compare Thailand Elite Card holders' costs with visa runners' costs?

It is like comparing a Toyota with a Lamborghini.

Visa runners enjoy a certain lifestyle.
Elite card holders enjoy another type of lifestyle...

It is clearly cheaper to go "abroad" on a minivan packed with visa runners, than to fly first class to anywhere outside Thailand.

While some enjoy the "friendliness" of a visa run, as well as the wonderful opportunity to visit a neighboring country for a few hours, others would prefer a different, more comfortable option.

I don't think that the Thailand Elite product is adapted for people who must make "calculations" about the cost of staying for long periods of time in the country.

Some, it seems, hardly believe it, but not every farang in Thailand is looking for the cheapest beer or the most affordable one bedroom condo.

As a Thailand Elite member, I can tell you that I spend much much more than your "calculation" on a ticket to Europe, and I fly abroad many more times than the number of times you mention.

This product has nothing to do with, and should not even be remotely considered by, the people who are on a shoestring.

Thailand Elite is not a product that replaces the other "cheap" options chosen by many to enjoy Thailand.
It is a product adapted for those who have the financial means to enjoy a comfortable lifestyle.

For the comfort and peace of mind that Thailand Elite Easy Access card can give you, 500,000 is a really low price.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

I think we can also expect non imm O to be next.

Started already, I made a post yesterday about how the over 50 NON O retirement visa has been changed ...its now a Non O BUT with NON O-A requirements of all that police medical stuff

Apology's for going off topic

here is the email:

the criteria for applying has changed since last year..

being aged between 50 and 64 to qualify for the non-immigrant 'O' visa you must meet and provide the following...

1) have a regular income of over £1400 a month or a lump sum of £20,000.00 in a current account (not a savings account) previous 3 months bank statements will need to be submitted
2) a police clearance showing no convictions, cautions past or present
3) a medical certificate confirming you have no infectious diseases

please note we can no longer accept postal applications, you would need to contact this consulate to book an appointment for the visa

Regards
RTC Cardiff

This is true for the ones that are 50-65 years,    Pensioners-65 and over need only to show the last 3 bank statements that the pension is shown.

Hull consulate UK.  BUT cannot issue on the same day as before--they are now processed in London and returned to Hull, 1 working week needed.

You scan them and email the scans to Hull and they forward them on to London who authorise and send them back to Hull. Make an appointment with Hull and pay £10 (i think) plus visa fee for issue on the day. Just one visit. I took my friend there a few weeks ago and it took just 3 days for them to process.

• Like 1

This will allow the unqualified teachers an opportunity to stay in Thailand without to much hassle like the old time visa runs etc. I can see a stampede to buy these cards coming any time soon, and they wont need to look out for a condo with cheap rent they can now buy one.   

Can afford it but have no intention unless it allows work and in sectors that are currently banned.

You want to work as a prostitute???  :)

No, can't be right.  Maybe making alms bowls

Why would anyone compare Thailand Elite Card holders' costs with visa runners' costs?

It is like comparing a Toyota with a Lamborghini.

Visa runners enjoy a certain lifestyle.
Elite card holders enjoy another type of lifestyle...

It is clearly cheaper to go "abroad" on a minivan packed with visa runners, than to fly first class to anywhere outside Thailand.

While some enjoy the "friendliness" of a visa run, as well as the wonderful opportunity to visit a neighboring country for a few hours, others would prefer a different, more comfortable option.

I don't think that the Thailand Elite product is adapted for people who must make "calculations" about the cost of staying for long periods of time in the country.

Some, it seems, hardly believe it, but not every farang in Thailand is looking for the cheapest beer or the most affordable one bedroom condo.

As a Thailand Elite member, I can tell you that I spend much much more than your "calculation" on a ticket to Europe, and I fly abroad many more times than the number of times you mention.

This product has nothing to do with, and should not even be remotely considered by, the people who are on a shoestring.

Thailand Elite is not a product that replaces the other "cheap" options chosen by many to enjoy Thailand.
It is a product adapted for those who have the financial means to enjoy a comfortable lifestyle.

For the comfort and peace of mind that Thailand Elite Easy Access card can give you, 500,000 is a really low price.

Posters vary ,age wise and bank wise, I was giving examples after phoning Elite to get clarification on the easy access 500,000.

Some people on more of a shoe string than you collect info and then they decide whats best for them, that's all.

My Thai airways was not a calculation it was the latest return economy fare.

Your boasting in a certain way re-your lifestyle, your travels we have all been there and done that.  My point was the new package is of some help to the less well off and I posted some comparisons -that's all. no frills, only to help others.

ginjag -- your hypothesis, is based on the fact that nothing will change on the short term Visa front---that you can just trip across to Lao / Cambodia & do a U turn in 5 years time with not a care in the world.

& all that for the saving of less then 20K baht a year 384 baht a week---& that is if prices do not increase at all in 5 years----good luck with that.--Not exactly the most forward thinking person are you.

Have a look at the post below from a person that has had a EC........ Some people, especially if they are or have been business orientated Try to plan ahead., its called being proactive

..or to put it another way.

Some people try to plan ahead about what is going to happen

Some People watch while things happen

& Some people say What the F**ck happened

-------------------------------from TV post----------------------------------------------

Because I gave a comparison example laos visa run, does not make me a Laos visa runner.

Leave out the quote "not the most forward thinking person are you"     Do not be personal--TVF rule. 

I travel to UK and receive my O visa yearly, hows that for forward thinking, and at 73 I do not want to spend 2 mill on a lifetime card.

My post was to others giving expense examples to a few who may consider the new 500,000 package.

Lay off the personal snide -well off so and so.

its all starting to get clear now..

AND

The Property Card charges a membership fee of Bt1 million, half of the individual membership fee. Once members are approved, they can buy a condominium in Thailand.

YOU CAN ANYWAY???cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

For now.

With the way things are going, I would not be surprised at all if the Junta pulls the plug on that law as well and takes all condos away from foreigner holders. They can do it with a stroke of a pen and not give a crap about the loss of others. A military dictatorship is exactly that, they make the rules and that is that.

They cant! there are international contracts and thailand would have to refund all owners and all assets of thailand would be frozen and no tourist would come to thailand anymore. 

I think we can also expect non imm O to be next.

Started already, I made a post yesterday about how the over 50 NON O retirement visa has been changed ...its now a Non O BUT with NON O-A requirements of all that police medical stuff

Apology's for going off topic

here is the email:

the criteria for applying has changed since last year..

being aged between 50 and 64 to qualify for the non-immigrant 'O' visa you must meet and provide the following...

1) have a regular income of over £1400 a month or a lump sum of £20,000.00 in a current account (not a savings account) previous 3 months bank statements will need to be submitted
2) a police clearance showing no convictions, cautions past or present
3) a medical certificate confirming you have no infectious diseases

please note we can no longer accept postal applications, you would need to contact this consulate to book an appointment for the visa

Regards
RTC Cardiff

not true, why you write such a bullshit, this is 100% not true

If you could afford to buy one then why would you live in Thailand? that. 

I have been to roughly 100 countries. I made the move here as my base/home 10 years ago. The answer to your silly question has a simple answer, "I love it here"

The end
  • Like 1

If you could afford to buy one then why would you live in Thailand? that. 

Is Thailand reserved for backpackers, penniless visa runners, retirees and under qualified English teachers?

I wonder who bought all those expensive houses, large yachts, and multimillion (dollar) penthouses :)

Without wanting to be disrespectful to those who did not achieve much in life, this is 21st century. And nowadays 500,000 baht is peanuts.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Reading the Thai Elite website, it looks like you stil have to stop and fill out and apply for the "Privilege Entry Visa" every time you arrive at the Airport.  I would have thought that would already be taken care of by the Elite Membership. So the Elite Membership just qualifies you to get this Priviledge Entry Visa

"Thailand Elite Members will be granted a “Privilege Entry Visa” when applying at any Royal Thai Embassy, Royal Thai Consulate-General, or at the Thai Immigration Bureau at 
Suvarnabhumi, Chiang Mai and Phuket International Airport."

Reading the Thai Elite website, it looks like you stil have to stop and fill out and apply for the "Privilege Entry Visa" every time you arrive at the Airport.  I would have thought that would already be taken care of by the Elite Membership. So the Elite Membership just qualifies you to get this Priviledge Entry Visa

"Thailand Elite Members will be granted a “Privilege Entry Visa” when applying at any Royal Thai Embassy, Royal Thai Consulate-General, or at the Thai Immigration Bureau at 
Suvarnabhumi, Chiang Mai and Phuket International Airport."

Im not sure how read that into it. The facts are (yes im a member) They put the visa in your passport and it last the full 5 or 20 year depending on which you apply for. If you intention is that your stay is longer than 90 days then you still have (as with any visa) go to any imigration office for your 90 day report. If after a year you have still not left the Kingdom then the Elite staff will sort for you an extention for a further 12 months at a cost of 1900 bht. The Privilage entry was explained to me by the staff that if you leave the Kingdom at any time you give notice of 5 hours of your arrival and they fast track you through imigration and you get another Privilage Entry (Stamp in your passport) for another 12 months. So lets say If I got my card in July 2014 and am stamped in until July 2015. My first 90 report is in October. If I decided to say have a few days in Penang in September 2014 then on my arrival I would be stamped in again until Sept 2015 and my 90 report would then be done 90 days after arrival December 2014 meaning I would not then have to do the original 90 day report in Oct 2014 as before. You visa remains in the passport for the duration of your membership. What they mean by Privilage Entry is mearly a stamp on each arrival granting you a further 12 months. Hope that clears it up for you. Also on arrival elite staff take care of everything. They meet you at the Aircraft and you NEVER have to even see imigration they take your passport and do it all for you.

Sent from my GT-I8552B using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app