Bag of money snatched from man in front of North Pattaya Bank

webfact

Bag of money snatched from man in front of North Pattaya Bank

money-12.jpg

PATTAYA: -- On Wednesday afternoon a 42 year old man reported the theft of a bag containing money, in front of a Bank in North Pattaya.

The incident occurred in front of a Kasikornbank branch on the Naklua Road just after midday. Khun Krit had parked his car opposite the bank and was walking across the road when a motorbike drove past him and the driver reached out and grabbed a bag which contained 115,000 Baht in cash, 3 Bank Books, 3 ATM cards and his mobile phone.

The motorbike left in the direction of the North Pattaya Road and despite officers arriving on-scene quickly, the bike and its driver could not be found.

Full story: http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/135220/bag-of-money-snatched-from-man-in-front-of-north-pattaya-bank/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2014-07-17

Like you do. just let a passing motorbike reach out and grab your bag with your money in.

I let it happen all the time at home they just fly past and reach out, I cant help it, I'm addicted to the snatch.

Steady on old chap - a little early in the day to read about that ..............................

• Like 2

I can understand the money in the bag. But why his phone ATM cards bank books as well?

Never heard of diversification and risk reduction?

Come to think of it, automatic transfers?

CB

Do you carry separate handbags for your money, phone, ATM cards and bank books?

• Like 1

I can understand the money in the bag. But why his phone ATM cards bank books as well?

CB

If its money from a business that someone was depositing, how would they automatically transfer that?

I'm sure there are plenty of other reasons why someone needs to carry cash.

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

CB

"But why his phone ATM cards bank books as well?"

If he was a tourist on Beach Rd with travel insurance, the bag would have contained 3 mobile phones, 2 laptops, the Hope diamond and several lesser known paintings by Giovanni Bellini.

A person coming out of a bank with a bag - has to be the most marked target I can think of. C'mon, poor guy, but exercise some common sense.

It sounded like he was going into the bank, not coming out. Probably a regular routine he followed and was observed by someone. Otherwise it might have been his laundry or lunch.

Whenever I go about with bags of money, I always ... no wait, that's one of life's problems I've yet to encounter.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Maybe one of the days the story will be different, a bag containing a hand grenade, the action of snatching the bag pulls the pin...

Or a remote trigger......................whistling.gif

That would be music to the ears.

Carrying a bag full of dosh? I'd have my eyes everywhere, especially if I had parked across the road from the bank instead of outside the bank.

Some people obviously have no common sense or awarenes.

Maybe one of the days the story will be different, a bag containing a hand grenade, the action of snatching the bag pulls the pin...

I nearly always have an M34 incendiary grenade in my bag in LOS with a piece of white string hooked up to the pin tied to my wrist.

I don't think many people snatch chocolate milkshake/bottles of Leo though, maybe I should start carrying chopped up reams of paper the same size as banknotes.

Would make a great inpromptu firework display.

Carrying a bag full of dosh? I'd have my eyes everywhere, especially if I had parked across the road from the bank instead of outside the bank.

I don't know how you think shop keepers in the West get their days takings from the shop to the bank for deposit other than by hand carrying it, Asian shop keepers are no different.

Pay close attention to Thai Visa threads, about once a month we get a story from some poster in the West, a Brit or an American usually who wants to save on bank transfer fees and get a better exchange rate and they'll tell us they plan to hand carry USD 20,000 in cash for their holiday here or similar. Now that is stupid.

CB

Automatic transfers from his shop to the bank for deposit, really, how do they do that!

I guess you have not tried to park anywhere in Pattaya, getting a spot opposite the bank would be considered extremely convenient!

CB

"But why his phone ATM cards bank books as well?"

If he was a tourist on Beach Rd with travel insurance, the bag would have contained 3 mobile phones, 2 laptops, the Hope diamond and several lesser known paintings by Giovanni Bellini.

A person coming out of a bank with a bag - has to be the most marked target I can think of. C'mon, poor guy, but exercise some common sense.

It sounded like he was going into the bank, not coming out. Probably a regular routine he followed and was observed by someone. Otherwise it might have been his laundry or lunch.

Whenever I go about with bags of money, I always ... no wait, that's one of life's problems I've yet to encounter.

Hey Zaphod, it reads that he had parked his car and was walking toward the bank not the other way around. Just thought I would clear this up for you.

i do not see how it said he was heading for the bank here..just does not say either way really,,,,just to let you know nothing cleared up for me..perhaps they did not make it clear and you think you read between the lines as they only reported he parked his car across the road,no mention of his direction of travel at the time of the snatch.had they said more we would all know as in' he was returning to his car,; or 'on the way to the bank'..poor writing skills leave this open to guessing..any votes on him returning to his car??

Hey Zaphod, it reads that he had parked his car and was walking toward the bank not the other way around. Just thought I would clear this up for you.

Hey, callaway, it doesn't, "Khun Krit had parked his car opposite the bank and was walking across the road".

Edited by Zeegator

Hey, callaway, it doesn't, "Khun Krit had parked his car opposite the bank and was walking across the road".

Like,who cares? A Thai got his money stolen by another Thai, this is news?

Because Thais are not real people?

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Because Thais are not real people?

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

don't try to turn my words. A Thai steals from another Thai,happens every day. Worth a few paragraphs in a newspaper perhaps but why the big discussion about where he parked his car,what sort of bag he was carrying,why was he carrying documents in the bag,what is this, the start of a Sherlock Holmes novel. Boring.