Another thumbs-up for Oman Air.

yermanee

I'm a big fan of Oman Air as some of you know.

The only exception I made was that their FFP sucked.

I now have to change my opinion.

Having accumulated close to 180.000 miles I wanted to book an award ticket for

next year to Paris CDG in business class but was wary of the amount of taxes that would have to

be paid, so decided to go through their Bangkok office instead of the procedure via their website.

A telephone call plus an email with the flight details and voila half an hour later I had my

itinerary in my inbox. Furthermore I have till end of october to come and pay the taxes amounting

to 13.800 Baht + 172.000 miles ( for a 90.000 Baht ticket).

Well done Oman Air.

Yermanee wai.gif

Flew with them from Muscat to Bangkok a couple of months back, in business class.

I was impressed.

I hear you smile.png

The only drawback is that the flight MCT/BKK is to short tongue.png

Yermanee wai.gif

Six hours plus was long enough for me.

Wow the pilot must have had the brakes on for your flight.

My last flight in May it took exactly 5 hours and 5 minutes from lift-off till gate in BKK (with favorable wind).

Yermanee wai.gif

Quite a few years ago, I had a lot of FF miles. I can't remember the reason, but had to go to the airlines office in Bangkok to get things sorted out a few times for different itineraries. What a pleasure dealing with them vs. calling the general number or dealing with the website. They got things taken care of really quick.

Glad it worked for you and hope you enjoy your trip!!

• Like 1

Flew with them from Muscat to Bangkok a couple of months back, in business class.

I was impressed.

I hear you smile.png

The only drawback is that the flight MCT/BKK is to short tongue.png

Yermanee wai.gif

Six hours plus was long enough for me.

Wow the pilot must have had the brakes on for your flight.

My last flight in May it took exactly 5 hours and 5 minutes from lift-off till gate in BKK (with favorable wind).

Yermanee wai.gif

I think you must be mistaken. On their web-site it states 6.5 hours. Can't believe that they knocked of 1hr and 25 min.

Did you hear the sonic boom?

Look at attached itinerary, it's 5Hrs50 minutes. These published flight times are from gate to gate. In MCT the boarding is still by bus, so from gate to lift-off is about 20 Minutes.

That's what I mentioned in my OP from lift-off !

Anyway it's not that important, good you enjoyed your flight.

Yermanee wai.gif

post-109269-0-08962700-1405575888_thumb.

You may be a fan of theirs but I am not.

I flew from London to Bangkok with Oman air last month in the same plane (I knew by the incorrectly fitted safety belt that it was the same aircraft) and the section of business class I was in was very hot. At one point one of the stewardess' confirmed that the temperature was at 32 deg even though it was set at 19 deg. A steward later also confirmed that they had a problem with the aircon and a spare part had been on order for 3 weeks.

I sent a letter to complain about this situation to Oman air and had a reply which to my mind was accusing me of fabricating this story. No attempt to reassure me that the problem was recognised and that the fault had been fixed.

So why should I pay my own money for a business class seat with the risk I will have have a thoroughly uncomfortable journey.

I have now booked an Emirates flight in a few months for just a little bit more.

You may be a fan of theirs but I am not.

I flew from London to Bangkok with Oman air last month in the same plane (I knew by the incorrectly fitted safety belt that it was the same aircraft) and the section of business class I was in was very hot. At one point one of the stewardess' confirmed that the temperature was at 32 deg even though it was set at 19 deg. A steward later also confirmed that they had a problem with the aircon and a spare part had been on order for 3 weeks.

I sent a letter to complain about this situation to Oman air and had a reply which to my mind was accusing me of fabricating this story. No attempt to reassure me that the problem was recognised and that the fault had been fixed.

So why should I pay my own money for a business class seat with the risk I will have have a thoroughly uncomfortable journey.

I have now booked an Emirates flight in a few months for just a little bit more.

That was bad luck with Oman Air. Aircon not working properly could happen with any airline. If that was to happen to you again tell the cabin crew, get a name, tell them you will be complaining to head office and make sure they note your complaint on the aircraft. This will help you later, put the complaint in writing or do it on the plane. You have to put it in writing verbal is no good.

Whether you complain or not the cabin crew report all the defects on the flight in a log . Something like...footrest broken on 45k, IFE broken 30abc, aircon broken in business class etc. The engineers fix when it lands. When the airline deals with complaint later they can see what wasn't working and other stuff the cabin crew may report like sick passengers onboard etc from the logs. That's how it was when I worked for an airline.

Can't praise Oman Air highly enough.........When their new Terminal opens later this year look out the other Middle East Carriers

Very easy to get Silver FF card as well as combined mileage for round trip from London to Bangkok over 12,500 miles and 25k needed to obtain. Very easy to revaildate thereafter as well

• Like 1