Slip-on for 2009 ER6n. Suggestions?

Hi

I put this question in the ER6 thread, but since there's no answer forthcoming, I hope it'll get more exposure here.

I recently bought a 2009 ER6n with only 69km on the clock. Love it apart from 1 thing: it's way to quiet!

I'm used to hear the rumbling and thumping of my SR, which is not only satisfying, but also gives me information about my speed, gear and rpm without having to check.

I'm therefore looking for a slip-on muffler in the 10k price range that is not too loud, but louder than the original. I do like the understated look of the carbon Akrapovich.

Do these slip ons already have the bung for the O2 sensor, or does it have to be welded on? Also, will I have problems with backfiring?

Any brand or shop you can recommend? I don't mind copies as long as they're professionally made.

Thank you

k speed has millions of cheap options including O2 sensor bung. check their website.

or go to mocyc.com market or kawasaki thailand forum and click sponsor links such as U turn shop, KD shop and many others. lots of options around.

OmegaRacer yes you need the bung for the sensor; but normally they come with that already. For sure the Akra is louder than stock when removing the db killer or buying the race version which doesnt have a db killer.

• Like 1

But mind you this akrapovic is not loud.. some remove the DB killer.. can be done easily (i have not)

As long as it's louder than the original one...

I must be able to hear it when riding.

Its louder (but not by a large margin but you can always remove the DB killer) .. it sounds better

19,500 is a bit too much, but thanks for the info.

Are there any advantages in getting a full system compared to just a slip on?

Also, the mufflers you guys got, are they 'clones' (copies) or original? Is there much difference between the 2?

Spending 10,000 THB on a muffler just to get more sound and maybe a bit better performance? I would buy a blind-rivet pliers and a small pack of blind-rivets, plus a hand-drill and the right size metal-drill...

Depending on how the Kawasaki ER6 muffler is closed you maybe need to drill the welding spots, for which you bought the blind-rivets and blind-rivet pliers to to reassemble the muffler... With the hand-drill you can drill a few extra holes in the internal pipe, easy to recognize as it already has many holes and is packed in fiberglass-wool...

And if you at the Do-it-yourself shop anyway you should check if they have some good quality fiberglass-wool so you can repack your muffler after you have opened it.

The total cost would be well below 2,000 THB and you can fine-tune the sound of your muffler exactly how you like it... More holes to the end of the inner pipe make a deeper (bass sound), holes more to the front of the pipe make higher pitched sounds... also the diameter of the holes have effect on you exhaust sound...