Tourist visa to Non O(marriage based)

Hey guys&gals,

I have 10 days left on my original 60days of my double entry TR visa from Vientiane, I was going to use this visa for the whole 2x90 days but because of the crackdown doesnt seem to be possible.

Anyway I got married to my Thai GF of 6years almost 3 weeks ago and I remember reading that I could somehow change the second entry of my TR visa at immigration in BKK for the 90day non o? Is that possible or do I need to go to an embassy outside to get a new NON O visa?

If I can get it at the immigration here, what documentation do I need?

Thank you very much in advance for any info!

You should extend your permission for 30 days at immigration,cost 1900 baht. You then can convert your tourist visa to a Non-O in Bangkok as long as you meet the requirements, cost 2000 baht. Then, during the last 30 days of the 90 days permission to stay that you will get when you do the conversion you can apply for a 1 year extension at you local office. You need either 400k in a Thai bank in your name only seasoned for 2 months or proof of at least 40k income/moth.

The reason you need the 30 day extensuiion is that you need at least 15 days left on the current permission to stay to do the conversion.

You can apply for a change of visa status from a tourist visa to a 90 day non immigrant visa entry.but you will need 15 day remaining on your entry or from the 30 day extension.

You will need to have 400k baht in a Thai bank in your name only or proof of 40k baht income. You will need your wife to be with you and have all the documents required to do an extension of stay.

You can apply for a change of visa status from a tourist visa to a 90 day non immigrant visa entry.but you will need 15 day remaining on your entry or from the 30 day extension.

You will need to have 400k baht in a Thai bank in your name only or proof of 40k baht income. You will need your wife to be with you and have all the documents required to do an extension of stay.

Great info thank you guys!

For the initial 90day visa status change do I need proof of income also? Or only after when I apply for the early extension?

For the initial 90day visa status change do I need proof of income also? Or only after when I apply for the early extension?

You need the proof of income or money in the bank to do the change to a 90 day entry and again when you apply for the one year extension of stay in about 60 days from the date you get the 90 days.

Income can be from abroad and must than be certified by a letter from your embassy.

There is no requirement to recieve the funds in a bank in Thailand, but it is advisable to have a Thai bank account to show with some money flow in it. Or if you don't have that a few recent ATM slips showing you withdrew money to live on.

You need the proof of income or money in the bank to do the change to a 90 day entry and again when you apply for the one year extension of stay in about 60 days from the date you get the 90 days.

Well that puts a damper in my plans, will take me a couple of months to get the proof/finances in order!

My friend during the last floods got a 60day extension of stay based on marriage with no proof of funds, is that still possible or do you need to have a non o to start of with?

Otherwise its a trip to Savannakhet/Vientiane it seems...