Lactase Enzyme Available In Thailand?

khun_j

hi,

i have lactose intolerance (like many thais, i know) - am i able to get the lactase enzyme somewhere in bkk? last time we tried a pharmacy at silom (asked for lactaid/ lactase), the pharmacist offered us lactose *ggg*. we couldn´t find any at watson´s either.

now i´m thinking if i have to take my supply with me (i do want to eat some green tea ice or a banana split sometimes ;o) or can i get it someplace? if yes, what do i have to ask for / which brand? i think we used the wrong words and weren´t understood.

thanks a lot for an answer :o)

khun_j

slightly off topic but related-can you get raw dairy in Thailand? Many people who are lactose intollerant do well with raw dairy. Pasteurization kills ALL enymes in milk.. raw dairy has lactase in it. (another brilliant move by Louis Pasteur)

in this case, i hope they do have raw milk ice-cream :D

khun_j

Mr. J:

just forget that raw-posting :o

For pharmacist offered you lactose..... aehm maybe you should ask him/her if he got his diploma in the copy shop..... A bad and dangerous mistake....

My ideas:

a) watch out for BambinA, or write a private message to her, she is a vet, but for sure for chemical/medical issues the most edjucated person in the forum (one of the most beautifull as well, hope she read that :D )

:D ask in big hospitals, it increase the chance that not everyone is a complete idiot.

c) chemical supply shops, ask there for lactose, aeh I mean lactase (or their cataloge, there might be a lot different versions of it) food grade. That way it works in europe, just you need to find out out how to mix it (possible you must mix it 1:1000 first to be able to handle it.....).

Hope that helps......

By the way lactose intolerance is bad.....but there are worse things like if your alcoholdehydrogenase does not work proper.....no milk, no problem, but no beer :D