My 12 year old son now has to do Visa Runs. (but he is overstayed)

Your child needs an education. This must come first.

Maybe when he/she grows up they don't want to be an artist.

Try to sort out his visa first. So he's not breaking the law.

Nip down to your nearest immigration office and get it from the horses mouth.

Whichever way you decide I wish you luck

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Your child needs an education. This must come first.

Maybe when he/she grows up they don't want to be an artist.

Try to sort out his visa first. So he's not breaking the law.

Nip down to your nearest immigration office and get it from the horses mouth.

Whichever way you decide I wish you luck

Thanks for the opinion ;)

yes,, my son is getting and will always get an 'education'.

i think I said before: he had home school from 0 to 8.5 years old.

then an international school from 8.5 to 12 years old.

and now possibly back to home school (until we can think of a better solution).

the "art thing" is referring to almost all the schools we have found in bangkok.

it seems that almost every school here focuses 95% on the usual traditional subjects and they put Art, Drama, Music, Creativity, nature, health etc under the carpet and they treat it as if its not important.

my son can learn the 'traditional subjects' anywhere... (at school or at home). its more the attitude of the schools and I dont want my son coming out of school as a piece of processed meat. (there is a funny example of this in the music video to "Pink Floyd" "BRICK IN THE WALL"). 5555

anyway,, im not saying that I want my son to do art for his future.

I am talking about the 'mind-set' (attitude) of the school. - because this attitude will run through the entire network and 'day to day' functioning of the school.

i hope that answers your question more fully ;)

Today at CW..... had to arrange 30 day visa for my son to get a visa to another country as they would not issue it while on overstay.

He was currently on circa 12 months overstay, he is 12 and half years old, he has been on overstay since 9 months old...longest stint was 4 years.

Today we were told no more, rules changing and fines will be as per an adult and blacklisted......he got 30 days and no fine.....the age is/was 15, not 12.

We only once got grief from a cow at immi at the airport when departing, but she stomped off in a huff when told to process it as under 15 no issue.

So what is happening on aug 12 ? I have been away.

Today at CW..... had to arrange 30 day visa for my son to get a visa to another country as they would not issue it while on overstay.

He was currently on circa 12 months overstay, he is 12 and half years old, he has been on overstay since 9 months old...longest stint was 4 years.

Today we were told no more, rules changing and fines will be as per an adult and blacklisted......he got 30 days and no fine.....the age is/was 15, not 12.

We only once got grief from a cow at immi at the airport when departing, but she stomped off in a huff when told to process it as under 15 no issue.

So what is happening on aug 12 ? I have been away.

Nothing to do with overstays. The new rules for them has not been approved and will not be for at least 60 days.

Nobody know for certain about anything else. The 12th of August is the date mentioned as the date they will start enforcing the out/in rules for exempt entries at the airport.

here's my situ mate and hope it helps:

son- born overseas has been here since 2 years old and now 9.

we all got 1 year multi entry non O visas when we first came over and in that time i was asked why does my son have visa, does he work, have a job haha? not required until 14 years old i was told and got verified many times since by the officials in head office..

since then he comes and goes, never fined or had overstay stamp entered.

in 7 years had a brief issue on one occasion similar to a previous post where the immigration officer informed we needed to go to an immigration office to sort the overstay out. this was quickly over ruled by her superior and through we went.

to date nothing has changed so until it does i won't be changing our system.

good luck and likewise if any news breaks will inform here.

• Like 1