Please help me: Can you see dead people?

warriorbangkok

Hi everyone. Before we begin, I need to make it very clear that this is a very serious post, and not a joke or wind up.

I've been suffering from sleep paralysis ever since I came to Thailand six years ago. Recently, however, the intensity and severity of the paralysis has increased significantly.

I know what most people will say: this is a clinical condition and I should see a neurosurgeon. Well, I've done that and my brain is fine. The sleep paralysis is definitely bring caused by spirit possession. A few indicators of this are as follows:

1. The paralysis always ends with a feeling of the spirit leaving my body through my mouth or nose.

2. Once, when the spirit left my body I sensed it leaving the room and as it went it said "Go Home" in a very angry way

3. At first, I would pray during the sleep paralysis and this would disturb the possessing spirit and cause it to leave my body promptly. However, recently the possessing entity has been able to control my intellect more and my prayers are no longer as focused as before, rendering them ineffective.

4. During paralysis events I have seen and heard spirits, as well as hearing disturbing sounds such as loud knocks on the door.

5. The tipping point for me came this morning; and this has really scared me into action. During paralysis today (which was very severe), I couldn't move my arms (I was wide awake), but I could see my 'ghost arms' moving in the sunlight shining through my curtains.

I know that all of this sounds crazy; but it is really scaring the hell out of me. In Thai, sleep paralysis is called 'Pee - Am', with 'Pee' meaning 'ghost'. Thailand is the land of ghosts, and I need help getting rid of the ghost(s) that chooses to possess me like this.

Please help. This is a serious post.

Thank you!

OP, Yes they are real. You are posting in a Buddhist forum but they have no answers. Buddhists are plagued with spirits to the extent they don't even like to buy a used house for fear of them. They have the problem, but no answers.

Sometimes it's just superstition, but sometimes they are real.

I'm going to PM you.

It's possible that you're misinterpreting a ludic dream as sleep paralysis.

I suggest you watch this; all the way through, start to finish...

(It might also be very worthwhile going to a Wat and having a chat with some monks)

TEDxSanDiego 2011 - Charlie Morley - Lucid Dreaming, Embracing Nightmares

...actually see/hear dead people. I have a suspicion than an ancestor might be...

Do you realise that, strictly speaking, Buddhists don't believe in the "soul" or any personal identity that could haunt you from the grave?

You could also seriously consider the possibility that you're mentally ill. Whilst there may by other ways to state that possibility, in eastern mystical terminology, for the sake of your immediate health and well-being, that's what you could name it as.

Edited by RandomSand

Thank you, Never Sure. I just don't know where to turn for help.

I'm hoping that I can be put in touch with someone who can actually see/hear dead people. I have a suspicion than an ancestor might be possessing me, but I don't know for sure.

I was very serious when I said that Buddhists can't help you. They don't have a mechanism to deal with it. They only have fear of it. Whether superstition or real, they tolerate.

I don't believe that there are people who can see or hear spirits at will. I would put them down as fakes.

I was in a room full of people with no chance for a fake. I never saw spirits. I saw what they were doing to someone who saw them until an exorcism forced them to leave from inside him and around him. They left with a strange sound like a barnyard full of animals and then the victim relaxed, was exhausted, and never had the problem again. The problem had plagued him for years.

If I didn't know he had this serious complaint for years, and then it suddenly left never to return, and if I hadn't heard it, I wouldn't have believed it.

Thank you, Never Sure. I just don't know where to turn for help.

I'm hoping that I can be put in touch with someone who can actually see/hear dead people. I have a suspicion than an ancestor might be possessing me, but I don't know for sure.

I was very serious when I said that Buddhists can't help you. They don't have a mechanism to deal with it. They only have fear of it. Whether superstition or real, they tolerate.

I don't believe that there are people who can see or hear spirits at will. I would put them down as fakes.

I was in a room full of people with no chance for a fake. I never saw spirits. I saw what they were doing to someone who saw them until an exorcism forced them to leave from inside him and around him. They left with a strange sound like a barnyard full of animals and then the victim relaxed, was exhausted, and never had the problem again. The problem had plagued him for years.

If I didn't know he had this serious complaint for years, and then it suddenly left never to return, and if I hadn't heard it, I wouldn't have believed it.

This sub forum isn't necessarily about if you believe x,y,z or not.

The fact is that someone has posted, requesting help, about something they are experiencing in their life.

No matter if they are or aren't being disturbed by external causes; they haven't posted here for your own amusement.

You might be serious in your opinion that "Buddhists" can't help, but I disagree, and would urge the OP to visit his local Wat and find a monk who speaks English.

I've thought about going to the Omroom in Chitlom for help. Have any of you guys heard of it?

I'm in Bangkok by the way.

It's New Age not Buddhist.

You ask in the Buddhist forum so someone tells you to go see a monk... go figure.

Then again maybe you make a good connection with someone there and they'll help you. Do it!

I think it's worth spending B2000 and maybe getting good sleep than being in your present situation.

Edited by RandomSand