Governor tours storm-thrashed beachfront

Lite Beer

Governor tours storm-thrashed beachfront

Anthika Muangrod

PHUKET: Governor Maitri Inthusut together with Ma-an Samran, head of OrBorTor Cherngtalay and other relevant officials, inspected Surin Beach to see how much damage the area had sustained from the recent stormy weather, and how best to conduct repairs.

Approximately 300 meters of the beach was impacted by the the high monsoon-season waves. And the damage caused has made it dangerous for people to drive or walk along this part of the coast.

The governor requested the OrBorTor chief to clear up the area by several means, including adding more sand to the beach to make the beach look more like its natural state, after the worst of the seasonal weather subsides.

“Once again – and in the interests of beach management – I have come here to see how much damage Surin Beach has sustained. The sea level has risen significantly lately, and has thrown up a lot of garbage on the beach Beach," Gov Maitri said.

“The Department of Public Works and Town & Country Planning has sent its officers to survey beach areas in Phuket and see what we can do to improve the beaches after the recent inclement weather. In long term, we are going to ask both local residents and tourists for their opinions on how our beach shall look like. A lot amount of money is going to be spent on this investment i the island's future” he added.

Governor Maitri also warned tourists and others to heed the "no-swimming" red flags, now flying as a result of the monsoon season. Addressing the issue of garbage on the beach, the Gov Maitri spoke with expat Don McLean, who has lived in Phuket for two years, and has dedicated himself to collecting garbage along the beach for a couple of months now with some 30 other individuals from the organization, Surfrider Foundation Phuket.

“If we don’t do this, nobody will. I want the beach to look clean all the time,” Mclean told Gov Maitri.

Source: http://www.thephuketnews.com/governor-tours-storm-thrashed-beachfront-47415.php

tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2014-07-19

can we also PLEASE ask both authorities especially the Orbortor of Cherngtalay why are food vendors not respecting what has been achieved at Surin Beach carpark

and have set up shop again. the car park is for cars.... please see photos attached which were taken at 1030am saturday morning 19th july. they were also there

friday 18th july.... once one or two set up then everyone will think this ok and all will return...

i asked 2 of the vendors why they were there this is a public car park not market area and they should respect the thai authorities they both just laughed at me and

asked did i want some fried chicken...

please take action before it comes all back again..

please see photos attached....post-185775-0-73463200-1405824775_thumb.

post-185775-0-38893200-1405824790_thumb.

can we also PLEASE ask both authorities especially the Orbortor of Cherngtalay why are food vendors not respecting what has been achieved at Surin Beach carpark

and have set up shop again. the car park is for cars.... please see photos attached which were taken at 1030am saturday morning 19th july. they were also there

friday 18th july.... once one or two set up then everyone will think this ok and all will return...

i asked 2 of the vendors why they were there this is a public car park not market area and they should respect the thai authorities they both just laughed at me and

please see photos attached....attachicon.gifphoto-51.JPG

attachicon.gifphoto-52.JPG

The question is are they paying some one for the right to be there?

Perhaps it is he governor who needs to be asked, he is ultimately responsible, in fact it is his failure to do his sworn by duty that has allowed so much corruption/illegal/criminal activities to thrive. One wonders why he has not been investigated for not doing his duty.

Perhaps it is he governor who needs to be asked, he is ultimately responsible, in fact it is his failure to do his sworn by duty that has allowed so much corruption/illegal/criminal activities to thrive. One wonders why he has not been investigated for not doing his duty.

While I agree with you comment, governors have paid for their appointed position here and want to reap the rewards of their paid positions, just like the police. The army has said if they can't do their duty, they will be replaced. I would love to see several government officials replaced by the army. And to assieinphuket, why don't you forward your photos on to the general? His number and email is listed on the pinned pages on the Phuket Forum.

NCPO (National Council for Peace and Order)

web site http://www.1111.go.th/

email - <removed as per forum rules>

Face book - https://www.facebook....anticorruption

hot line 1111

Major General Praveen Pongsirin 081 8936083. (reporting of beach encroachers)