Non-imm B Visa Services

I already have a visa and WP that will expire soon as I will be stopping work and looking for new work.

Sunbelt offers a non-imm B visa service. Are other companies providing this service, who, where, and what do they charge? I do not want to do visa runs, even if it is only every three months on a non-imm B visa. Is there a service that will take care of all of this?

I already have a visa and WP that will expire soon as I will be stopping work and looking for new work.

Sunbelt offers a non-imm B visa service. Are other companies providing this service, who, where, and what do they charge? I do not want to do visa runs, even if it is only every three months on a non-imm B visa. Is there a service that will take care of all of this?

Sunbelt offers a non-imm B visa service.

It is true we help foreigners apply for extension of stays inside Thailand and even if someone qualifies help them obtain a visa at a Thai Embassy/ consulate. But in the Consulate/ Embassy case, the applicant has to go there themselves.

Some people when they hear “Visa service’ ears perk up, mine too in fact, as its usually a service taking a duffel bag of passports outside the country. We never ever and I mean never will take a client or whoever passport it is, to a Embassy to get stamped or cross the border to do so. We strongly advocate never to use a "visa service" like this. It is illegal for both the visa service and the applicant.

If you find a job with in 7 days of turning in your work permit. You can stay in Thailand and apply for another extension of stay based on business ( as long as the employer qualifies)

www.lawyer.th.com

Thanks. If I have a WP and visa already, when I finish my work, what is the process of changing to a non-immB using the Sunbelt service. I don't have an immediate job lined up, would I have to leave the country, what is the process starting from the point of already working in thailand with visa and WP?

Thanks. If I have a WP and visa already, when I finish my work, what is the process of changing to a non-immB using the Sunbelt service. I don't have an immediate job lined up, would I have to leave the country, what is the process starting from the point of already working in thailand with visa and WP?

If you don't have another job lined up, you will not qualify for a extension on a "B" visa. You must leave the country when this job is finished. Either that or get married to a Thai Lady or invest 3 million Baht in Thailand.

Otherwise, you will need to go to a Thai Consulate/Embassy and apply for a new non immigrant visa.

www.lawyer.th.com

I just had my visa and WP renewed for another year, however I will be stopping work at the start of september 2006. If my place of work does not immediately cancel the WP, must I legally do it myself?

http://www.lawyer.th.com/QR-one-year-visa-thailand.asp

Is it possible to cut out the flight and obtain the non-imm B on a visa run?

One Year Non-Immigrant B Visa ( Multiple Entry)

1x Sunbelt Asia Sponsorhip Documents = 7200+VAT

1x Trip to Thai Consulate (Flight, hotel, misc) = 15,000

1x Visa Consulate Charge = 5000

3x Visa Runs = 6000

Grand Total = 33,200 *plus - you get an extra 3 months for a total of 15months

I just had my visa and WP renewed for another year, however I will be stopping work at the start of september 2006. If my place of work does not immediately cancel the WP, must I legally do it myself?

yes

yes

I have used sunbelt and would strongly recommend them, they know what they are doing and will not let you down

Thanks alan1254 for the kind words.

http://www.sunbeltasiagroup.com

yes

How? On a Visarun you normally get a 30day stamp or activate your valid multiple entry visa , but you can not get a Visa at the border .

Just to avoid misunderstandings.

So in place of the flight, one visa run at about 2000B, the grand total for 15 months is about 22,200.B?

yes

How? On a Visarun you normally get a 30day stamp or activate your valid multiple entry visa , but you can not get a Visa at the border .

Just to avoid misunderstandings.

It is correct, he could cut out one flight but he must go to the Embassy/consulate on that first "visa run" I could understand the misunderstanding by another reader. Thanks for pointing it out.

www.lawyer.th.com

or invest 3 million Baht in Thailand.

www.lawyer.th.com

What kind of visa do you get with a 3 million THB investment? Both my wife and I are US citizens over 50 but don't want a retirement visa because we'd like to work. We are willing to make an investment in Thailand, but it looks as if you need to invest 8 million baht ( + 6 million for spouse) to get an investment board visa.

Also, if I invest 3 million and get a visa, does my spouse also need to invest another 3 million, or can she remain in Thailand on an O visa?

Like "zz.fugazi", I am interested in the investment option.

How long is the visa issued for ?

Can you still work if you want to ?

How secure would the government bonds be ? Would this be considered a good investment ?

Can you leave Thailand if needed, either temporarily or permanently, during the 10 year period (but leave the investment in Thailand) ?

Anyone know how this would affect tax status for an Australian citizen ?

I found some details here :

INVESTOR VISAS. This is a new category of visa with issuance controlled by the Board of Investment. This visa can carry a residence permit for applicant and immediate family if a specified amount of capital is brought into Thailand for investment.Direct Investment:Applicable by aliens who bring into Thailand not less than Baht 10

million for investment in a new project which benefits the country's economy or a project subject to the approval and conditions set forth by the Committee for Granting Permanent Residence; or

Investment in Securities:Applicable to aliens who bring into Thailand money to buy special-type bonds prescribed by the Ministry of Finance and the Bank of Thailand. Persons granted visas must not transfer or redeem the bonds for a period of 10 years.

• Investor Baht 8 million

• Spouse Baht 6 million

• Per minor, unmarried child Baht 2 million

http://www.asiatradingonline.com/nonimmigrant.htm

Edited by changchang

What kind of visa do you get with a 3 million THB investment?

Non immigrant based on investment

Both my wife and I are US citizens over 50 but don't want a retirement visa because we'd like to work. We are willing to make an investment in Thailand, but it looks as if you need to invest 8 million baht ( + 6 million for spouse) to get an investment board visa.

It would be a total of 3 million Baht required

Also, if I invest 3 million and get a visa, does my spouse also need to invest another 3 million, or can she remain in Thailand on an O visa?

She is a dependent of you and only 3 million Baht in total is required. Her extension of stay is "piggyback" off your extension of stay.

How long is the visa issued for ?

Lifetime if you wanted. It is renewed every year.

Can you still work if you want to ?

Yes with a work permit.

How secure would the government bonds be ? Would this be considered a good investment ?

I don't believe the Thai government has ever defaulted on their bonds yet. You can also put your funds in a fixed deposit in a Government state bank or invest in a condo from a developer.

Can you leave Thailand if needed, either temporarily or permanently, during the 10 year period (but leave the investment in Thailand) ?

Yes you can leave Thailand with a simple reentry permit. The investment visa is not for 10 years though. Can be if you want it to be.

Anyone know how this would affect tax status for an Australian citizen ?

Australia and Thailand have a double taxation treaty so if you pay here, you don't need to pay in Australia. The Government bonds are tax free.

found some details here :

INVESTOR VISAS. This is a new category of visa with issuance controlled by the Board of Investment. This visa can carry a residence permit for applicant and immediate family if a specified amount of capital is brought into Thailand for investment.Direct Investment:Applicable by aliens who bring into Thailand not less than Baht 10

million for investment in a new project which benefits the country's economy or a project subject to the approval and conditions set forth by the Committee for Granting Permanent Residence; or

Investment in Securities:Applicable to aliens who bring into Thailand money to buy special-type bonds prescribed by the Ministry of Finance and the Bank of Thailand. Persons granted visas must not transfer or redeem the bonds for a period of 10 years.

• Investor Baht 8 million

• Spouse Baht 6 million

• Per minor, unmarried child Baht 2 million

http://www.asiatradingonline.com/nonimmigrant.htm

This program is no longer valid. The format that has replaced it, is the investment visa that I'm talking about. It is only 3 million and your spouse and child would be zero additional Baht required.

www.lawyer.th.com

I have obtained the visa extension (non-em) based on investments. In my case a condo in Bangkok. When it comes to condo it is worth mentioning that it should be a new condo bought from developer (now) even though some of us have gotten it prior those rules were enforced.

Should I not want to buy real estate in Thailand, I would put the 3M Baht in a time-deposit with Thai gov bank. Pays around 5% (-15% withholding tax on interest).

Obtaining the visa (extension) required me to show up at emmigration (I went with my lawyer) with filled out application docs, passport w. non-em b visa, pics, condo docs(title deed+tax payment proof at purchase).

I got a "under consideration" stamp - and came back a month later and got the full 1 year extension.

Cheers!

Obtaining the visa (extension) required me to show up at emmigration (I went with my lawyer) with filled out application docs, passport w. non-em b visa, pics, condo docs(title deed+tax payment proof at purchase).

I got a "under consideration" stamp - and came back a month later and got the full 1 year extension.

Cheers!

Does the 'full one year extension' mean just the non-imm B, where you still have to leave the country every three months?

This investment option is not for BKK only, is it ? (Saw that restriction somewhere; not sure if it was current information.)

Firefan, may I ask if you used an agent ?

P.S. What happens after the 12 months is up ?

Edited by changchang

It is for Thailand (as emmigration covers Thailand... :o )

I used a lawyer - going price is about 6-10k with Sunbelt being in the cheaper end - on top of that comes the gov stamps+re-entry permits of about 6k depending on what one choose.

After the 12 months you renew with the same appers/visa. I.e. never any need to leave the country again as long as you hold the investment.

Sunbelt does the renewals for 4000 Baht (as less work involved 2nd time around) which I will probably go for.

I have not used Sunbelt for visa related tings yet, but have been happy with their service level in connection with a company upstart I am doing here in Thailand currently.

Cheers!