ED Visa with frequent trips abroad ?

I would like to live in Thailand and make use of the ED visa. Fully intend to try and learn Thai. However I have the means to travel abroad and would like to take some frequent trips to other countries and return to continue my studies.

Could that be a problem? As mentioned I do intend to do the hours of study needed at one of the larger schools.

No problems after you get multiple entry visa for 3,900 Baht for 3 months date of next extention.

It would be a multiple re-entry permit that costs 3800 baht. A single re-entry permit (1000 baht) probably would be best for a 90 day extesnion.

• Like 1

You could make trips out of the country as long as you kept your class attendance at the proper level. It might cause some additional questions by the immigration officer when you do your extensions.

Well there is a problem.,

If your on a language course ed, is it not that you only get 90 day extensions.. Hence if your out of the country at any one of those 90 day periods, it's then expired and you have no visa to return..

Secondly while it's not a deal breaker you will need a multiple re entry permit for each 90 day period.. So add a lot more costs to the visa than most people who are getting a year out of their re entry permit.

I think it is a given that the OP would have to be back in time to do the extensions every 90 days.

For a 90 day extension I can't see a multiple re-entry permit being very practical. I can't see somebody making 3 or 4 trips in those 90 days to reach a break even point verses getting single re-entry permits.

• Like 1