Looking for USA sim-cards

JohnnyCage

Good question. Hope you share any PM's you get with a good trustworthy source. I'd assume it has to be mailed to you from the U.S.A..

Does anyone know if the Thai sim cards work in the U.S.A. upon arrival?(yes, I know it would be expensive but so is Walking Street)

I never have any problem with my AIS SIM card in the USA. It is not a pay as you go. It is a subscription AIS card.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

• Like 1

My AIS works fine in America. They have an arrangement with ATT. Expensive so I buy a prepaid phone card.

Yes. I'd like to get my Thai sms messages at the least. I can of course buy a USA prepaid sim on arrival for actual phone use. Cheers.

ps: Can you also confirm that your Thai ATM (issued by a Thai bank(with VISA logo but an ATM)) works in the U.S.A.?

• Like 1

My AIS works fine in America. They have an arrangement with ATT. Expensive so I buy a prepaid phone card.

Yes. I'd like to get my Thai sms messages at the least. I can of course buy a USA prepaid sim on arrival for actual phone use. Cheers.

ps: Can you also confirm that your Thai ATM (issued by a Thai bank(with VISA logo but an ATM)) works in the U.S.A.?

The problem I ran into is the place of business I was trying to charge (USA) told me that they would not use a foreign debit/ATM card.

• Like 1

The problem I ran into is the place of business I was trying to charge (USA) told me that they would not use a foreign debit/ATM card.

What about using an actual ATM machine in the U.S.A.?

I don't know. I'm sure someone can inform us.

• Like 1

I have TMB and BB atm cards and they both have the PLUS logo. The reports I have read all say "no problem" and a friend also confirmed with his SCB card. Using them for on-line purchases on Internet could be problematic depending on the merchant's bank system, however. If you have a new card with a 6 digit PIN then that could be a problem. Again, having the CIRRUS or PLUS logo's is most important.

• Like 1

Confirmed. Many ATMs in the US have a $3 charge, especially at gas stations

• Like 1

I was a little perplexed by the OP question. I hope he realizes American carriers typically sell contracts with monthly fees and charges to get a phone number and sim card. There are some carriers that do sell no contract plans that come with a sim card and are around $50 per month. Not clear when he says I want to buy a usa sim card; from a private party or a provider or both? Sim cards and contracts are not transferable.

• Like 1

Confirmed. Many ATMs in the US have a $3 charge, especially at gas stations

The OP is talking about "phone" cards NOT "ATM" banking cards.

• Like 1

. Not clear when he says I want to buy a usa sim card; from a private party or a provider or both? Sim cards and contracts are not transferable.

I want to buy any USA sim-card that wil work in Thailand. Maybe USA tourist sim.

First you need a 3 or 4 band phone. Second you need a phone service that supports "roaming" out of your contract area and you will be paying for it. The SIM cards I have are pre-paid numbers which need to be activated in the US with T-Mobile. Will not necessarily work out of the states.

• Like 1

. Not clear when he says I want to buy a usa sim card; from a private party or a provider or both? Sim cards and contracts are not transferable.

I want to buy any USA sim-card that wil work in Thailand. Maybe USA tourist sim.

I have two usa sim cards (and phones) when I visit America. They will do you no good since the service plans are phone numbers listed in my name and not transferable. I suggest using Skype or using Google voice. With Google voice you get an usa area code (your choice) and phone number. For all appearances anyone calling your Google voice number doesn't know if they are calling California or Pakistan.
  • Like 1

I have two usa sim cards (and phones) when I visit America. They will do you no good since the service plans are phone numbers listed in my name and not transferable. I suggest using Skype or using Google voice. With Google voice you get an usa area code (your choice) and phone number. For all appearances anyone calling your Google voice number doesn't know if they are calling California or Pakistan.

Check out the PMwink.png

I have a T-mobile sim card that is still active. It has internet as well. Cost is $10.00 if you want it. You will need to recharge the cards plan as it is only prepaid monthly. It has I think 10 more months before it is not useable. Sanfrancisco calling number but would be the same as their are no long distance charges on the plan.

The prepaid is $40.00 no internet & $50.00 with internet. Pm me if you want it.

Barry

• Like 1