Hello,

I currently use DHL to send packages weighing 10-25 kilos to the US and other countries. I generally end up using the Jumbo and Jumbo Jr. specials . For smaller shipments I use registered airmail.

I have a few questions:

1. Does any reliable AF forwarder do better than DHL for those weight ranges?

2. Is airmail the only option for smaller shipments? DHL only becomes viable over 7 kilos or so. Under that and airmail is cheaper. I tried economy airmail but found that it is about as fast as shipping surface--which is very, very slow.

3. I would appreciate any recommendations for reliable air freight forwarders. I am looking for friendly service and someone that can be trusted.

Thanks in advance for anyone who can offer advice.

Hello,

I currently use DHL to send packages weighing 10-25 kilos to the US and other countries. I generally end up using the Jumbo and Jumbo Jr. specials . For smaller shipments I use registered airmail.

I have a few questions:

1. Does any reliable AF forwarder do better than DHL for those weight ranges?

2. Is airmail the only option for smaller shipments? DHL only becomes viable over 7 kilos or so. Under that and airmail is cheaper. I tried economy airmail but found that it is about as fast as shipping surface--which is very, very slow.

3. I would appreciate any recommendations for reliable air freight forwarders. I am looking for friendly service and someone that can be trusted.

Thanks in advance for anyone who can offer advice.

I've used AF but found that after all the costs for documentation, boxes etc. it's not really worthwhile. DHL and similar companies are much easier to deal with.

I think if the weight is high enough AF is OK, but would be interested to hear from others.

i'm also looking for cheper door to door shipping.obviously fed ex do the same 10&25 kilo service.

think its round 3500 bht for the 10kg box,on their website.

you can get cheap air freight shipping as far as to the airport of your home country,quite cheaply.

ive had a quote for 140 baht per kilo to heathrow airport,not door to door.

my problem the moment is that my packages are large(long) ,but not to heavy,so they go by the volumetric weight.expensive.

Edited by thankuverybig

I will check out Fedex. I just send a Jumbo Jr. (10 kg.) to the USA and it cost something like 5200 Baht. It is hard to tell sometimes what the final cost will be due to fuel surcharges, VAT, etc. and etc. that end up getting tacked on.

Fedex rates for a 10kg box is 3500 Baht plus 15% fuel surcharge. The 25kg rate is 4600 Baht plus 15%. I have found these to be as onn as or better than DHL or TNT. One advantage with FedEx is that they do not have to charge VAT - not sure exactly why that is but then TIT.

I have found that FedEx generally offer the best rates but if you have volume, you need to negotiate quite hard with them to get the best rates.

The problem comes when you need to ship 100kg or over. I have not yet found a good reliable shipping agent who can give me good rates to the US or UK via air or sea. Can anyone recommend a good shipping agent here in Thailand?