ADSL and 3G network

manolothai

About 3G network I've seen this link

http://www.movetocambodia.com/practicalities/updated-3g-data-plans-in-cambodia/

it looks pretty cheap but I was wondering about coverage in Phnom Penh and sihanoukville... any feedback?

and what about ADSL, googling I found just expensive solutions (over 40$ per month) and most of them are available just in Phnom Penh... any feedback?

Edited by manolothai

ADSL is cheap, if somewhat unreliable, expect to pay about $20 a month in any city. 3G coverage is good in cities and transport links, but patchy in the wilds.

I pay for a fiber optic connection which is expensive ($80 a month) and for a 3G backup (I think about 20GB a month is about $20). But then I work online with large files and not having a good connection would cost me much more.

Phnom Penh is undergoing a 4G roll out now and Siem Reap is scheduled to start this year too...

I have used Metfone and Open-Net in both SR and PP for ADSL. They're fine when they work... but they all too often don't work and aftercare is shocking. It's mainly hardware failures (lousy cheap as chips Chinese routers) rather than line failures but they won't let you install a better quality router yourself...

I use CellCard for 3G which I've found performs the best in both SR and PP. Though I use SMART for my actual telephone SIM as the 4 cents a minute calls to most of the world make it much better value for calls.

I use a local fiber optic reseller in SR. I have no idea who they're buying it from (there are a lot of telcos in Cambodia).